Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Do transparencies gradients in corel 10 need blur & noise added for offset printing?

I have a solid green color which I have faded to 0 by transparency, appx 7 inches wide by 3/8 inch height. It sits on top of a rectangle with a tint of the same color.
    Also same question for gradients . I'm fading to the white of the paper.

If you do what's a good starting point for adding blur & noise.

I can not figure out even one use for the knife tool leave as one object. It is a big puzzlement. I know I must be missing something. Is there some good ways to use it?

Thanks.
    Cheryl
    IP

Do transparencies gradients in corel 10 need blur & noise added for offset printing?

I have a solid green color which I have faded to 0 by transparency, appx 7 inches wide by 3/8 inch height. It sits on top of a rectangle with a tint of the same color.
    Also same question for gradients . I'm fading to the white of the paper.

If you do what's a good starting point for adding blur & noise.

I can not figure out even one use for the knife tool leave as one object. It is a big puzzlement. I know I must be missing something. Is there some good ways to use it?

Thanks.
    Cheryl
    IP

Hi Cheryl

Over in the Corel newsgroups we are often privy to the musings of one K.N.Pepper, sometimes through Cartoons and often through technical posts such as the following (they are links to Google newsgroup archives)

I hope they are of some use, they may take a bit of deciphering.

K.N. Pepper's Post 1

K.N.Pepper's post 2

Hope they are of use.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thanks Peter. It will take some deciphering but it's already so much clearer to me. The banding calculator is nifty too.

Cheryl

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP