Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Link

There is a feature in PhotoShop where you can link layers together so you can move them together or hiding the you can break the link

Is there is somthing like that in PP10 ?

Clone tool in PS has an option to called align

What it does: it keeps the statring point saved,

EX. if i position my staring point to an eye within a face picture, then set the end point in the forehead and clone the eye, i can also click on the cheek and the start point it is still on the eye, so i can clone the eye everywhere is the picutre
    is it found in PP10 ?
    and what is acummulative option means in cloning?
    i read the help file and did a test with or without it, nothing happened!
    IP

There is a feature in PhotoShop where you can link layers together so you can move them together or hiding the you can break the link

Is there is somthing like that in PP10 ?

Clone tool in PS has an option to called align

What it does: it keeps the statring point saved,

EX. if i position my staring point to an eye within a face picture, then set the end point in the forehead and clone the eye, i can also click on the cheek and the start point it is still on the eye, so i can clone the eye everywhere is the picutre
    is it found in PP10 ?
    and what is acummulative option means in cloning?
    i read the help file and did a test with or without it, nothing happened!
    IP

Hello again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Both are possible, at least in Photo-Paint 8 and 9

Grouping objects

Easiest way is to make sure the Objects docker is visble.

CTRL+LEFT MOUSE CLICK on the objects you want to group, RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on one of the selected objects and select group from the pop-up menu.

Keeping Clone origin

This is a very unintuitive and fiddly function to my mind (room for improvement perhaps)

Start the cloning process, if you have the status bar visible you should see the words SHIFT+ALT to keep same origin.

How to use it, before letting go of the left mouse button during the first clone operation, hold down SHIFT+ALT, release the Mouse button (the clone source point should snap back to original location) release the SHIFT and ALT keys, then start cloning again in a new location. Don't do as I did being left handed and not familar with this operation whilst not looking at the keyboard and hold down the windows key instead of the ALT key and wonder why nothing was happening.

Anyway after a little practise the feature is usable.

Also, forgot to answer your question about exporting paths in the Draw group. This is done via the Path docker, select the path in the docker, at the top is a small arrow button that displays a popup menu, in here is the export path option, I use CMX as the file type.

HTH

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

what can i say to you

THANKS

If you read this post first then ignore the requests in coreldraw from because you anwserd them

I have a question regarding plugins, why some plugins don't work with PP and they still have the same 8bf extensions, most of them works but some don't

Thanks again
    IP

I did the group for object to link them so they can be moved togther
    But when i applied and effects to them, it only applied to one of them not all
    the only time to apply effects to them when you combine them, but if you combine you can ot uncombine so they can be treat it seperatly

any hints !!!!!

thanks
    IP

AJ

PhotoPaint is not my strong point, I use it as a supplement to Draw, but I'm pretty sure that effects can only be applied to one layer/object at a time.

If Michael Cervantes stops by, he is sure to know if what you want is possible without combining (as you have discovered).

If the objects do not over lap, then with the combined object layer selected, rectangular mask the object you want to separate and use the menu option object/create/cut selection or CTRL+SHIFT+UP ARROW.

I'll see if I can work something out, if you don't here from me then I can't do it.

Peter

IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AjIsCoool:
    I did the group for object to link them so they can be moved togther but when i applied and effects to them, it only applied to one of them not all the only time to apply effects to them when you combine them, but if you combine you can ot uncombine so they can be treat it seperatly
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AJ,

You don't need to combine. Try this.

- Create your objects and group them.
    - Although all the objects in the docker look like they're selected, they're not (sort of). You can actualy click on each of the objects to see that a red border will appear around the thumbnail to inform you which one is in focus and - therefore - which one will get the effect.
    - So, to speed things up a bit...when you want the effect to affect the entire group, you'll have to know which object is selected, generate the effect (like blur, for example), then select the remaining items - one at a time - and press 'ctrl F' to repeat the effect.
    - if you want several effects for each object, open the recorder and record the effects, then run the recorder on each object.

Just look for the red border around the thumbnail to ensure the effect will be placed on the object you're shooting for [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

Aj

In addition to cliffs post I did some investigating.

You can apply tool effects like drop shadow and transformations to grouped objects, but not filters.

For filters you could also try this method

Apply effect to one selected object
    Goto menu option effects/repeat/'last filter' to all selected with don't include active option ticked.

You can assign a short cut key to this menu option from tools/options/customize/shortcut keys.

The action is in the folder effects/repeat.

HTH

Peter

IP

Thanks guys

for all the works around to get the job done

Yes i notced the reb bod (highlighted layer)

i think all work around are good, they depends on what type of work, If it a big projects, then definitly i will record , but in small projects like mine i would rather use the repeat last effect command

Thanks again

I borrowed a PhotoShop Bible book from a Friend
    of mine , and i am going through the book and i reached Chapter 9

Yet i did not find a big Gap in both PP & PS
    the workflow for PP is faster

I will try to finish the book in 2 weeks because my friend needs it back

and i will share the info with you, to see if PP has most of the features
    I know for sure that there is a lot of feature in PP not in PS.

Bye
    IP