Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: fish

I somehow ended up with this suicidal guppie/gold fish while trying to follow the great examples in the "Post-Gel = Carved Stone ?" thread.

Inspiration from grave stones! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on April 16, 2001 at 12:18 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	16053  

I somehow ended up with this suicidal guppie/gold fish while trying to follow the great examples in the "Post-Gel = Carved Stone ?" thread.

Inspiration from grave stones! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on April 16, 2001 at 12:18 AM.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Another great one Risto. Again it is quite provocative. When you make them, do you "make up" a story that corresponds to what we see? I say that because your images always appear to tell a story.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Risto, I looked at this yesterday for a long time, and am having a hard time describing the feeling it invokes. It is very peaceful and the background behind the cutouts looks like it was made with oils blended on a smooth surface. The overall design is excellent. Are you a designer by profession?

I'm afraid all the goldfish my kids had never received such a memorial. They usually only lived a couple of weeks, even when they were fed the best goldfish food. With this bad record in mind, when they brought home yet another goldfish from a school fair, I figured nuts to this. I am not running out and buying fish food for it. We fed it crumbs from the bottom of the toaster and guess what? That fish lived for 2 years! <g>

I stopped off in Sisters this Saturday. Are you familiar with the artist who does the annual Sisters Quilting posters? I believe his name is McGreggor. When I first saw them it reminded me of Xara art. If you have any info on how to contact him please let me know. Perhaps he could be talked into posting a scan in the Xara Gallery. I think his style would be an inspiration for the forum members.

Regards, John
    JClements@Brwncald.com

Ross - when I'm using Xara I'm enjoying myself... and things just start to happen! It is a bonus when people get enjoyment out of the idea that I tried to express.

Judi - I loved the gold fish/bread crumb story!

I'm not a professional artist in any way. I'm just having a great time with Xara X. These forums are my only audience, so unless the moderators stop me you will have to suffer thru a lot more of my posts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto