Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I recently came accross a set of concept brushes for Painter 6 (PC only). The brush set has been designed by a very talented artist named Shane Caudle and can be downloaded as a zip file from Shane's homepage;

http://www.planetshane.com/

Unfortunately I'm on a Mac [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] but they may be of use to others.

David
    IP

I recently came accross a set of concept brushes for Painter 6 (PC only). The brush set has been designed by a very talented artist named Shane Caudle and can be downloaded as a zip file from Shane's homepage;

http://www.planetshane.com/

Unfortunately I'm on a Mac [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] but they may be of use to others.

David
    IP

Thanks David. I downloaded the brushes and they look like it will be a neat set of tools.

Thanks again for the posting.
    Greg.
    IP

Enquiries are being made to try and get these brushes into a Mac usable format, but it is still early days yet. I'll let everyone know if anything comes of this.

In the meantime it would be nice to get some feedback or examples of work done using the brushes (just to get us Mac users even more envious) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

David
    IP

Sorry Greg, I did not acknowledge your reply. Hope the brushes work well for you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again

David
    IP

These brushes can be converted to mac compatible using Copy RSR, a small program that should be included on one of the installation disks for Painter 6. Let me know if you need instructions on how to use it.∞
    IP

Hi Cal, have you been able to convert all the files for the Mac? I have copy RSR and also the scripts to convert the libraries. As far as I can tell, the JPG will open, I can read the .txt file and convert the .BRS file to a Mac equivalent. How would I convert the two .PAL files though?

David
    IP

After you run the files through CopyRSR you will still need to "fix" the file's type and creator.
    Programs like FileTyper or ResEdit will do this.
    The file type and creator for the brush file(.BRS) is FSPB and FSX3.
    The file type and creator for the 2 palette files(.PAL) is PALF and FSX3.
    Note: I believe you will need to keep the name "Prismacolor.BRS"
    for the Brush Library because the custom palettes are linked to that specific brush name.
    I've converted all 3 files and they work fine on a mac.
    IP

It's nice to have someone in the forum to help out on the technical side. Thanks for providing the information CAL. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David
    IP