Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Maya,

I really like the 2nd image. Looks like it should be a cover for The Dragon's of Prenn (sp?)

--Randy R

Thanks for your replies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!!

Stu---I know you'll get around to it when ya got the time and you'll produce amazing stuff! One of my ideas for using it is like in Randy's remark---background settings for crazy creatures, sci-fi and fantasy stuff. Just creating the worlds inspires creation of things to put into them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

RAMWolff and Randy---thanks!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I wish I had more time to learn and work on things but, alas, real life stuff intrudes!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'll just have to proceed sloooooowly I guess. I, too, have signed in to Renderosity and 3D Commune---I know you'll enjoy the PhotoImpact forum RAMWolff, it looks like a great program David's using!!!

Keep having fun guys creating great stuff! I always look forward to seeing your artwork!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi guys,
    I've looked into the site, and the price is very attractive (creating detailed landscapes in Lightwave gets a bit tedious). But, looking at the screen shots, my first impression is "oh, no, another interface to learn". I see a lot of icons and of course I have no idea what they do, meaning a long learning curve. Or am I wrong? Could it be easy to use? What do those of you who have used it think? I'm pretty interested in this thing, but how easy is it to grasp? I'm no newbie to 3D and I should be allright, but I don't have long hours to pour through the manual. I know, I know, "download the demo and see for yourself." But I already have a 40 GB hard drive filled with nonsense demo detritus that is hard to get rid of. I'm the king of demos. Just thought that if I can trust any groups' opinion, it's this one.

Maya, what do you think? Difficult to learn? Are you a relative novice at 3D?

Thanks for any replies,
    Brett

Brett I am resonably new to 3D as well.I find Mojoworld different as opposed to difficult.Its about learning to use fractals in generating terrain,and you can alter everything and I mean evrything.

I find it has a nice user friendly gui for a start,everything is nicely set out.The thing I am having trouble grasping is putting it all together,but to be fair I have not really tried yet.There are a huge amount of worlds already designed or tutes to use.

Apart from the excellent prog is the one of the inventors Doc Musgrave who is pre eminent in the field of computer graphics terrain generation,this prog is his baby and he only wants to take it further forward all the time,he also has a myriad of things they are going to introduce later like 4 sided volumetric clouds that are animitable over time.The are other goodies he wishes to apply to new versions as well,only the processors of today are not fast enough to deal with them yet.

This software does not just create a plane with no end it creates round worlds which you control all of the parameters of.It is possible to spend hours exploring a Mojoworld,then pass it on and have some else find an even more beautiful piece of scenery when they go exploring,its just incredible Brett,oh ya and the scenery does not become the same again until you circumnavigate the whole world,and even then you probably would not end up in the same place again anyway.Also Mojoworld files for a huge Mojoworld full of everything like lake systems and mountain ranges,seas etc is usually around 100 - 200k give or take because Doc Mojo has found a way of flattening the files really small.

My take is that this soft is really going places,and is going to become extroidinarily popular,more so then Terragen,it is not as good as Terragen is yet,but it will be better soon simply because of the enthsiasm of the whole Pandromeda team.Doc Musgrave was one of the original Bryce geniuses,they also have Pixars top computer scientist on their board as well,and more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If the manual has the history of fractals in it like the printed manual then read that its fascinating and after reading that I think you will know if you want to buy or not Brett [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh ya I am finding it hard going for the simple reason my memory is shagged.

Stu.

this is very cool stuff Maya, I really like the one for Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] the coloring is beautiful... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu, thanx for the insight regarding this group, sounds like some brilliant minds getting things going... yahoo... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I really like what you have done so far with Mojo. I have downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet. I haven't had the time, but you inspired me to try it as soon as I can.

Wish I could see larger versions.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hi Maya,

I like your two Mojo Worlds. I've installed the program, but haven't had time to play with it yet.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry it took me a while to get back to the forum---been planting strawberries, etc! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Brett--I agree with everything Stu has said about the program. It's not hard, it's just different. I am a complete amateur with 3D programs so I'm sorry I can't give a comparison to other programs but I don't think anyone would have much difficulty with MJW as the arrangement of the menus/editors is simple and makes sense. The tutorials are the way to start---they give a lot of help in figuring out what sorts of choices to make in planning the sizes of terrain/features/textures etc. It's amazing like Stu said because the worlds you design are so detailed, with the time of day/light changes, even seasonal changes will be possible as things develop. It is a good idea to go through the manual at least to find out what all the controls do and for the basics...after that just dive in and experiment. Some things are best learned by doing...this is one of those in which trial and error and experimenting will teach you sooner what works/looks best with the terrains. It really is a lot of fun!!!

Thanks too, Stu, Gidgit, Dale and Soquili!!!
    Dale---the attachment of the dragon scene is a bit larger...The original is larger still but would take too long to load here.

Everyone enjoy!!! I'm hoping this program will develop and be attended to by it's creators closely (something XaraX needs badly right now), things look promissing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evescape2b.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	14335  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Is the evil bad guy.

Maya - Great to see your world-building efforts are succeeding. Remember in your world you make the rules! You are the Maya Yo Yo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (Not necessarily evil - you decide).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Well, I'm having fun!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, so I'm here there and everywhere, but there's so much good art and great people throughout these forums I enjoy them all!!! (Now is that so very evil??!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

The Cartoon Networks site is really cute---are you watching a lot of that these days??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks Ross---I will have fun making the rules on my worlds!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain