Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Much like pregnancy, I think a spirited discussion of 2D and 3D merits needs to push and get out!

And I do not think it needs to be a contest of one over the other. Each has its strengths (I created chrome lettering in XARA that can be scaled on the fly to meet any need---a 3D program would have to re-render), and as the saying goes, "The right tool for the right job."

Hey, long threads=involvement. It's the *content* and what people learn from the threads, in the final analysis, that makes participating worthwhile, no?

Cheers,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

The end product in mind and the artist's prefered methods will ultimately determine which tools are used and how things wil be presented (formats/mediums )upon completion of said product/project...

I happen to believe that much depends upon the enviroment the art/worx will ultimately be displayed in/on... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

can be created in any media---I don't agree with Klaus in his assertion that it only can be done in 2D.
    Use whatever tool does the job best for your purpose and your style/preference. Use combinations of media or programs--as long as you get the result you're after in the time you want to spend, that's all that matters. That's my opinion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This image is the reason I decided to buy 3D.I had a need/want to be able to rotate it.Its all Photoshop,but I never use 3D without 2D now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] as one just cannot replace the other.Both have their fortes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Very nice image Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mechanoid.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	9825