Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do I design transparent gifs in Photoshop 6 without them looking all jagged once I place them into a web page? I check the tranparency box and turn off the background layer. What am I missing?
    IP

How do I design transparent gifs in Photoshop 6 without them looking all jagged once I place them into a web page? I check the tranparency box and turn off the background layer. What am I missing?
    IP

Use File/Save for Web to do this. You need to know the exact color of your background. (and if it's multicolored, you won't be able to do this and get consistent results)

In the Save for Web dialog box, look to the right and see "Matte". This is the color that will surround the transparent gif and make it blend in to a colored background. Click the arrow next to Matte, and choose "Other" to get the color picker dialog box. Make this color the same as your background. Save and you're in business!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

And after you've done what Dale suggested, you can go read this and get some more learnin' in on this subject: http://photoshopgurus.info/intermedi...ent-gifs.shtml [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP