Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Eagle

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This pen&ink eagle is posted for its symbolism of America at this time when our hearts are with those who have loved ones that didn't come home in Washington and New York.

The part of Canada where I live has the highest concentration anywhere of these magnificant birds. When you see one soar the sky you can understand why the bird was chosen as a symbol of America. A soaring Bald Eagle has got to be one of the most dignified and free creatures on Earth.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eagle.gif 
Views:	861 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	5407  

This pen&ink eagle is posted for its symbolism of America at this time when our hearts are with those who have loved ones that didn't come home in Washington and New York.

The part of Canada where I live has the highest concentration anywhere of these magnificant birds. When you see one soar the sky you can understand why the bird was chosen as a symbol of America. A soaring Bald Eagle has got to be one of the most dignified and free creatures on Earth.

Regards, Ross

Very nice work Ross [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I may not be American but I felt it was a sad day for humanity in general.

When I created my image below I felt it was healing,did you find the same Ross?

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Stu - Well, posting it made me feel a little better! It was drawn a few years ago for an interpretive panel at a highway lookoff in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. It was printed on a satin brushed panel of anodized aluminium. It looked pretty good when new - I haven't seen it since.

Regards, Ross

Two words......awe inspiring! (or is that one word?)

I am looking at one of my clipart books right now, and seem to see the same image...hmmm...

Your response???

The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

My response. There is nothing particularly original about this view of an eagle. It would not surprise me if you saw something similar in a clipart collection. This one is not someone else's clipart. It was drawn with pen&ink and I have the original.

Regards, Ross

so who was foolish enough to wake up fontman??!

if you got a problem fontman then do us all a favour and keep it to yourself, do some art/design to get it out of your system. Maybe then you could post something worthwhile to this place.

d-sine.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

:: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org
    :: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org

Hi Ross,
    I looked through your works here which led me ad far as your site. I guess the site is as exciting as your images in The Gallery. Thanks for trying returning the original meaning to the word 'free'. From my experience, it's not an easy way all along. Good luck.I have also subscribed, and it didn't take a long time to talk me in.
    Regards,
    Nikolai