Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • SCAN IN FABRICS AND USE THEM AS BITMAP FILL

0 0%

Thread: FASHION DESIGN

can you help me showing me the correct way to give to my designs a true
    look. e.g. if l am designing a denim pant l would like to give to the sketch
    the effect of the fabric and washing. l would like also the same for the
    corduroy garments and the knitwear. do you know any special
    programme of doing that or is it possible to do with the corel?
    IP

can you help me showing me the correct way to give to my designs a true
    look. e.g. if l am designing a denim pant l would like to give to the sketch
    the effect of the fabric and washing. l would like also the same for the
    corduroy garments and the knitwear. do you know any special
    programme of doing that or is it possible to do with the corel?
    IP

Hello Angelos, Welcome to talk graphics. Fabrics are easily illustrated with a bitmap editing program such as photopaint or photoshop, I use a combination of programs, vector, bitmap and 3d, anything imaginable can be created with this combo. Attached is a sample I did after reading your question, I did the model 2 yrs ago using poser, photopaint 7, and Xara.
    I took a section of her dress and applied a bitmap canvas filter using a few different textures. If I were trying to achieve a specific fabric texture I would do it before creating the garmet, in this case I did it afterwards.

Best regards
    Mike Bailey
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Bailey:
    Hello Angelos, Welcome to talk graphics. Fabrics are easily illustrated with a bitmap editing program such as photopaint or photoshop, I use a combination of programs, vector, bitmap and 3d, anything imaginable can be created with this combo. Attached is a sample I did after reading your question, I did the model 2 yrs ago using poser, photopaint 7, and Xara.
    I took a section of her dress and applied a bitmap canvas filter using a few different textures. If I were trying to achieve a specific fabric texture I would do it before creating the garmet, in this case I did it afterwards.

Best regards
    Mike Bailey<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Mike,

many thanks for your helpful comments. it would be very easy if there were more samples for garments in the texture fill dialog box.therefore l would have had the opportunity to change colours and make compination with with other fabrics at once.can l create by myself?
    l appreciate for your opinion.

with best regards

Angelos
    IP

"can l create by myself?"
    Sure, What software are you using?
    Can I see something you are working on?

In the image I posted above, I created the fabric illusion with Photo paint 7, pick any color, use a pinch and punch effects filter to make folds, ripples etc... try to imagine the way the fabric would lay, hang and fold on an object, then you will have an idea how to manipulate it with the filter. Use texture on the fabric to give it roughness or effect color as if it were dyed or a print...

In the above image the first sample is the fabric without any texture, the second has a canvas texture applied, the 3 and fourth are stones and pebbles, apply filters as many times as you want until you get the effect your after, just play with them.

Have fun
    IP

Dear Mike

many thanks for your tips. I tried with your comments and the effect is quite good.
    you had asked to try with my designs. have a look to the following attatchment and give me -if possible- your comments. the style is a polo pique with zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP