Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo Help

I have been commisioned to create a logo for one of the departments that I work for. The project is called "Good To Go" and below are the ideas that I've come up with. The idea is that sales reps can obtain short, useful documents from the website that are condensed versions of legal compliance issues of concern to them. The company is a pharmaceutical. The tire doesn't have to be there, I just couldn't think of another metaphor.

Any thoughts, ideas, critiques, or creative bursts of colour would be greatly appreciated.

~Dave!~

Visit Vectormonkey!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g2group.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	2721  
    ~Dave!~

I have been commisioned to create a logo for one of the departments that I work for. The project is called "Good To Go" and below are the ideas that I've come up with. The idea is that sales reps can obtain short, useful documents from the website that are condensed versions of legal compliance issues of concern to them. The company is a pharmaceutical. The tire doesn't have to be there, I just couldn't think of another metaphor.

Any thoughts, ideas, critiques, or creative bursts of colour would be greatly appreciated.

~Dave!~

Visit Vectormonkey!
    ~Dave!~

Hey,

If it were me, I'd loose the tire. You can give the idea of movement in other ways. This is just a sample of what I had in mind. Take it for what it's worth. Good Luck.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beforehand, I apologize for the random thoughts. Just writing them as they come to mind!

I think you can work with the idea of tire. However, first off I'd make the tire just one solid object: keep the rim shapes (triangles) however, get rid of the thin white lines throughout shape. Also, I like the idea of giving the lines as motion, but I think in logo's you don't want to hold back on anything, you want it to be bold and attention drawing. The motion lines are too thin I believe. Maybe give it a more flowing, thicker shape. Maybe flame shape, smoke, or stick with the lines... just make them thicker and of less quantity. The idea it think i like the best is the tire representing the 'o'. However, i think it would all flow better if all the text were slanted in the motion of the tire. And I think a little more thought into the layout would work better. Most of them don't flow and just come together very well. A good idea i tend use is to give up all color and work with simple black shapes to find an appropriate, comfortable, smart layout... then, once that is found work with what colors work (my weak point). If you want me to give examples, I'll work on some, but I don't want to so as to limit your creative potential, but if they'll be helpful for you I'll give some ideas. Also, get rid of the black outlines of some of the text, and the bevels, they won't print well (if that's what the intended usage is). Also, try a larger variety of fonts that'll work. I usually go through my entire list of fonts trying some on and seeing what gives me the feel of the project before I even start a design. Maybe one with a little more motion and flare. These are a few thoughts that came to mind, I might write some more later! Let me know if this helped! Good luck

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Name:	goodtogo1.gif 
Views:	437 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	4354  

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Name:	goodtogo2.gif 
Views:	448 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	6213  

- Lewis Carroll

Name:	goodtogo3.gif 
Views:	430 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	14422  

do away with the tire and go with a motion effect......

Good luck!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Name:	Good_to_GO_II.gif 
Views:	433 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	9603  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Great ideas! I loved making it, but I have to agree; lose the tire (sigh.)
    Here are the newest renditions. Gary, thanks to the old 'Maven', I got re-inspired. I love that resource. Heck, I love all your tutorials!

Feel free to rip these ideas to shreds, or at least poke fun at me and help me see the error of my design ways.

~Dave!~

~Dave!~

Visit Vectormonkey!

Name:	g2group2.gif 
Views:	374 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	13530  
    ~Dave!~

I like all 3 of those new ones Dave!!

I think............ hmmmm............. the second one is my favorite. I love the blend tool, it's a great for doing this sort of effect!!

Good work!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---