Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would appreciate someone describing how to make an em dash and an en dash in CorelDraw. Thanks mucho. -Dwight
    IP

I would appreciate someone describing how to make an em dash and an en dash in CorelDraw. Thanks mucho. -Dwight
    IP

Dwight

I think the En and Em dashes are defined in the Windows character set at position 0150 and 0151

While entering text if you hold down the ALT key and tap out 0150 or 0151 on the numeric keypad (with numlock off) this should generate the characters you are after.

[ALT]0150 = – En Dash
    [ALT]0151 = — Em Dash

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

The number lock has to be ON for this to work, and you can only use the number pad. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Smorg

You are correct. The normal mode should be numlock 'on' for Windows apps

In my defence however [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] , it does appear that in Draw 9 on Windows 98SE at least, it doesn't matter which way the numlock is toggled, both work.

Remind me not to post when dog tired after a mammoth session on Midtown Madness 2 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thank you Peter and Smorg. I couldn't find that information anywhere in the manual or online help. Even posted a query to Corel, nada. Thanks again! -Dwight
    IP

Dwight,
    I've saved a card I recv'd in a very early version of CorelDraw. Don't even remember which version it was, but it lists all the ASCII representations of every character possible. I do a lot of Spanish typing and need things like the ¿ (0191) and ¡ (0161) etc. Get the picture??? I would be glad to share this chart with you. I've made several for my family/friends.
    inphoenix

ñ (0241)
    IP