Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking in the XaraX forums for a while and recently saw the other forums here at TalkGraphics (I originally bookmarked at the XaraX level so I didn't see the other forums). Just wanted to say hi and share some of the better images that I've done in Painter (Classic & 6). I did this image of Jupiter last year in Painter 6 (haven't done much this year yet!)

Jinny, it's nice to see someone I know here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sincerely,
    -Troy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jupiter_1_14.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	17809  
    IP

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking in the XaraX forums for a while and recently saw the other forums here at TalkGraphics (I originally bookmarked at the XaraX level so I didn't see the other forums). Just wanted to say hi and share some of the better images that I've done in Painter (Classic & 6). I did this image of Jupiter last year in Painter 6 (haven't done much this year yet!)

Jinny, it's nice to see someone I know here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sincerely,
    -Troy
    IP

Hi there!

Is that you, Troy, from our old, short-lived, Net Painter group? It's good to see you here and thanks for sharing your nice image.

Hope to see more of you and your art. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Hi Troy,
    Welcome to the Painter Forum. Thanks for Posting
    your picture, keep at it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Regards
    Greg.

Inside every older person is a younger one asking "What the H--- happened".
    IP

Hi Jinny,

Thanks!

Yes, it's me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I hope 7 has better Net-Painter support, as in able to work behind a firewall. I'm pretty sure I've got a solution though with a second network card that I can connect outside of the firewall when needed but I'd still worry about the system being exposed because I use it for work I can't afford to be hacked. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here's a little painting I did in Painter Classic in 1999 when I got my wacom tablet. I was enjoying fooling with the oil painting effects and decided to try and portray personality in something that normally wouldn't. I liked how it turned out but it looked funny until I created the border around it.

Take care,
    -Troy

Name:	pflowerattitude1wbrdr.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	1963  
    IP

Hello Troy!

Welcome to the Painter Forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Those are some really nice looking images.

Jupiter, and the flower with an attitude [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

really fun to see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for taking the time to post and enjoy the forum.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the nice welcome. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I enjoyed your artwork on your website.

I've attached an image that I was coloring in Painter 6 recently. I got interested in the manga form of comics back in March. I did a pencil sketch first:
    http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...;ul=7411953802
    then scanned it in and used chalk in Painter 6 to lay down some flesh color and then used the Just Add Water brush to blend the chalk.

Sincerely,
    -Troy

Name:	green_eye_1.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	8977  
    IP

Hi again,

I had the pleasure of hearing Mark Zimmer speak at Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) a few months ago and seem to recall asking him if they'd be making any Net Painter improvements. Though I wouldn't want to call this a quote, or be held to it, I think he said they probably wouldn't.

If this was not the source of my information, it was someone at Corel that I asked. Anyway, I doubt that they will since it's not a popular feature of Painter and their focus seems to be more on the brushes and features useful for the Web.

It would be nice, though.

(The talk Mark Zimmer gave included a demo of Painter and he talked a lot about the history of both Painter and its brush technology. Very interesting, and the audience "oooed and ahhhed". I wished that the talk and demo could have continued longer. PARC has someone of note in some area of science speaking once a month and it's generally open to the public. I hope to attend others sometime. As my daughter said, it was a feather in the cap of Mark Zimmer and Painter to be asked to speak there as he was in fine and highly respected company.)

Have a great day.. and upcoming weekend.. and give your Mom a hug! <g>

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP