Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I got his comment from a Search Engine Optimisation company whose services are being used by a client for whom I designed a web site, using Webstyle Navigation Menu:

" 6) A <NOSCRIPT> tag has been used on some of your pages, for example ‘index.htm’ to create invisible text (which is readable to search engines). Although this is effective it is virtually certain that you will be discovered employing this technique by search engines eventually. When this happens if you are fortunate the search engine will ignore the invisible text and your site will lose rankings because of this. In all likelihood you will also suffer a ranking penalty or expulsion from the database. We strongly urge you to stop using this technique."

Any suggestions? I don't want to have to sacrifice the menu!!

[This message was edited by Sandy Birch on November 22, 2003 at 01:58.]

I got his comment from a Search Engine Optimisation company whose services are being used by a client for whom I designed a web site, using Webstyle Navigation Menu:

" 6) A <NOSCRIPT> tag has been used on some of your pages, for example ‘index.htm’ to create invisible text (which is readable to search engines). Although this is effective it is virtually certain that you will be discovered employing this technique by search engines eventually. When this happens if you are fortunate the search engine will ignore the invisible text and your site will lose rankings because of this. In all likelihood you will also suffer a ranking penalty or expulsion from the database. We strongly urge you to stop using this technique."

Any suggestions? I don't want to have to sacrifice the menu!!

[This message was edited by Sandy Birch on November 22, 2003 at 01:58.]