Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If I set my tablet like this it drives me mad as everything is really sluggish.It doesnt make any difference which driver I use either,although the one I have found most stable for me is 4.5.6,as the other two stick to tabs and palettes and sliders in PS 6.

I appreciate the help guys

Stu. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture-2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	18674  
    IP

stu

i think i may have had a similar problem with the wacom early on. it only went away after a few reboots. maybe try quickpoint mode and see what happens. try reinstalling the drivers again also. that's all i can think of at the moment. what Os are you running?

yeah it's okay to use 'Ghi' in posts. 'stecyk66' is my painter forum nickname. i'm known as 'ghiangelo' on other forums [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] .

st+e-cy+k = 66
    IP

Hi Ghi and thanks.

Ghiangelo I love it,I somtimes sign off as Constucious if the post is philosophical [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am using OS 9.1 and previously 9.0.4.I am beginning to wonder if its just that classic is not set up to wonderfully,whereas Painter full might be absolutely fine.I have fixed one problem though I remapped my tablet for classic so that it only uses 6 by 8 instead of 9 by 12 and that has helped a bit.

Ghi you use a Mac as well,is it pen mode or mouse mode that works really slowly for you as I am wondering if from Windows to Mac the modes are reversed,either that or my tablet is posessed and I should try lots of garlic.I would have thought also if I had my tablet really screwed up that it wouldnt let me do pretty much anything and would just keep spitting the dummy on me.If pen mode works fine for you too I am going to chuck everything and start again from step one.

Stu.
    IP

Stu,
    I am not sure about operating in the Mac invironment but it looks like you are using an older version of software than what I am using.
    I checked the Wacom site and noted that in the FAQ's they mentioned several times about deleting the Wacom Pref. file.
    I would recommend that you contact Wacom regarding your problem.

Greg.
    P.S.
    I didn't see the second Page and screen shot. I still think you should contact Wacom.

[This message was edited by Monastic Bat on May 01, 2001 at 06:02 AM.]
    IP

I have a 6x8 Intuos and use it in Pen mode. It is faster than me. (onPC)

By the way: did you already check for- and eventually installed the new drivers?

Mark is right: they are better and faster.
    IP

Hi Stu!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I also use only a portion of my tablet. . . that makes it much easier for me to use the tablet (and yes the size i use is approximately 6x5. . . only rarely have i ever needed the full size of my 12x12

if you do give the newer wacom drivers another chance, there are two tabs i'd direct you to.

one is the double click tab ( assuming there is such a thing in the mac) here you can set the whether the computer helps you in making a double click (like how many pixels distance from each other can the 2 clicks in the double click be. .. a larger distance gives you more room for error or it could . . . .I'm really thinking there is no such thing as a double click in the Mac. . ..

umm then again i bet it's the tip feel tab you should look at. There is a button labelled "Click Here" and testing that button should help set the click sensitivity ... otherwise there is also a button (also on the tip feel tab) for more options that brings up a graph so you can adjust click sensitivity there also ....

The sticky cursor sounds more like a click sensitivity problem to me .... but only you can be the judge.

hope this helps,

Athena

(don't know about the disappearing cursor trick... THAT sounds buggy
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

I think I will do a complete re install,the only thing is though that it works ok in PS.

Just as an experiment guys try setting your tablets to mouse mode and use your pens and tell me if it works satisfactorily or not.

Thanks.

Stu.
    IP

aw nothin'. just trying to get an old thread back to the top of the list.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

steCyk 66
    IP