Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ah well, just playing with textures again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heart.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	472  
    IP

Name:	flagggg.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	15767  
    IP

RGB

Name:	rgbtif.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	17257  
    IP

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IP

monnabat!

you hit the forum within minutes of me posting! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] wow . what could this mean man?............

heck, i don't have a clue what it means. it's just cool it happened [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

stecyk66
    IP

Just remembering that other thread that morphed into organic images and candy.

But neat!

from favorite things in painter the discussion morphed...... (just for those who may wonder what I'm referring to )

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi guys.

Now I am getting the hang of this program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stecyk....Loved your early work.I have one of my own somewhere but cant find it,its a shame it was an excellent very first work of myself and my mates floating down the birth canal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Painter-Landscape.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	453  
    IP

I forgot to say Stecyk very nice work.

Oh ya in the landscape I was aiming for an Eagles eye veiw.

Stu.
    IP

stu

yikes. sounds like you took pen to paper REALLY early [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . i can't match that.

it's nice to see you are actively using classic. i admire the fact that you are pulling creative use from it. it's actually difficult to use. you'll love painter 6. i'd l ove to see you rework your portrait drawings in painter! i do this all the time. it opens up all kinds of variations.

the 'early work' post was done with the felt pen brushes. i was playing around with them the other day and it was like i was a kid again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

stecyk66
    IP

I find classic similar too natural painting media I have used in the past.

You have a lot of talent yourself Stecyk.Some of those portraits you do are excellent,and landscapes are similar in that the light source is always portrayed in a similar fashion,actually if you try a landscape {assuming here you havent done heaps already} imagine a hill or a mountain is like say a cheekbone in a portrait,and say a mountain overhang like the shadow under a persons chin.From your portraits I can tell you have lighting nailed so just transfer your knowledge of lighting to landscape.You also have a very good eye for color as well,and the only diff with landscape color and portrait color is that portraits are harder [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] With landscapes just pick some natural looking colors like greens and browns and greys and low opacity yellow for highlights.I really dont think you would have trouble with landscape at all if you approached it from the angle of say a portrait.

Classic is a bit limited and I cant wait to get Painter 7,especially with the layers and feathered selections as in 6.I can still only use pen mode in classic so painting is a bit slower than normal,but its quite funny when I exit Painter and my tablet reverts to mouse mode and flies off all over my monitor and gives me whiplash eyeballs for a couple of minutes before my brain works what is going on...hahahaaaa.

Thanks for the compliments Stecyk.

Stu.
    IP