Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Xara X is the leader among the vector software. I mean it's impresive capabilities and the easiest way to do that, but...

Is it possible to make the way of creating the rollover buttons and the compleate version of the final web page easier? Is it hard to implement the only function to export the final web page in Xara X like Ulead PhotoImpact does that? Is it hard to implement rollover buttons creation function as easy as Ulead PhotoImpact does that? What about Lens function like CorelDraw does that? That's the things I'm waiting for, at least. If Xara X will do that - it will be the first and the only tool for web designers and just for persons who want to create the impresive homepages in a glance...

Wish Xara success.
    I rely on you.
    I hope.
    I'm patiently waiting...

Utmostly yours.
    Arlen.

Xara X is the leader among the vector software. I mean it's impresive capabilities and the easiest way to do that, but...

Is it possible to make the way of creating the rollover buttons and the compleate version of the final web page easier? Is it hard to implement the only function to export the final web page in Xara X like Ulead PhotoImpact does that? Is it hard to implement rollover buttons creation function as easy as Ulead PhotoImpact does that? What about Lens function like CorelDraw does that? That's the things I'm waiting for, at least. If Xara X will do that - it will be the first and the only tool for web designers and just for persons who want to create the impresive homepages in a glance...

Wish Xara success.
    I rely on you.
    I hope.
    I'm patiently waiting...

Utmostly yours.
    Arlen.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ptomaine,
    >>
    If Xara X will do that - it will be the first and the only tool for web designers and just for persons who want to create the impresive homepages in a glance...
    <<

Well, I think there are quite a bunch of designers around the globe like me, who don't just go for the Web, but who are developing brochures, prints, ads, colleterals etc as well. XARA X is the best vector app, and I suggest to keep it that way. If you are in need for fancy or kinky roll-over-engrave-emboss-whatever-buttons, I'd recommend other packages for you, because the Internet is not the world and definitely not everything.

I am using it a lot for CAD and product development (shapes, textures, aspect ratios) and ads, folders etc, so I really don't need hyper fancy kinky button functions - I'd prefer CAD format im- & export.

Now what? :-)

ciao,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens is right. Xara wont ever be able to distil all your favorite features from all your favorite programs into one. Its a top vector program that attempts to make life easier for web designers by incorporating some web-friendly features. Personally, I don't use the slicing/button/nav bar features of X because I already learned how to do all that with Fireworks - I'm lucky enough to own both. I'm quite happy to use several different applications in order to get the results I need, as are most people, I suspect. I believe that Deneba have had a fair stab at producing a "does it all in one box" tool called Canvas. You may want to look at that. It does have a rather different learning curve. Oh, and a price tag of about £400.

You can produce most of what yourafter in XX. You still need to go into a web editor after to add text etc. The roll over buttons & graphics on this site were produced in XX. The rest finished in a web editor.:
    xara produced roll overs and graphics web page
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host