Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am gradually getting more and more comfortable with Draw 9. I like the program quite a lot. I appreciate the help I get here but I am looking for further information. Are there any magazines or websites of any quality that have articles, tips, tutorials for the users of Draw? I have a few books, including the Guide to Draw 9 and Gary Priester's book. (Great book Gary! How about an updated edition for versions 9 and 10?)
    The sites I have seen so far seem very old and dormant. I would love to find a place for the Corel Draw Community.
    IP

I am gradually getting more and more comfortable with Draw 9. I like the program quite a lot. I appreciate the help I get here but I am looking for further information. Are there any magazines or websites of any quality that have articles, tips, tutorials for the users of Draw? I have a few books, including the Guide to Draw 9 and Gary Priester's book. (Great book Gary! How about an updated edition for versions 9 and 10?)
    The sites I have seen so far seem very old and dormant. I would love to find a place for the Corel Draw Community.
    IP

The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Johnny Reb

I think one of the reasons things are relatively quiet on the Corel front elsewhere on the web is because the volunteers and regulars who post on Corel's own newsgroup server do such a good job.

For a newsgroup these are remarkably well behaved. There is a great deal of information to be found there.

It is certainly worth lurking there to see what is going on.

If you set up an account in your newsgroup reader to point to

cnews.corel.com

or

cnews.corel.ca

And download a list of newsgroups, Corel recently revamped the groups so all old stuff is in read only areas starting with archive. and the rest (except possibly the FAQ groups) can be posted to.

The regulars enjoy giving out "how to" advice much more than solving technical problems.

Also Corel's own tutorial / information site at

www.designer.com

is worth checking out.

Also Foster D Coburn III's site at

www.unleash.com

I think in recent months this area has tended towards the "technical help" side, rather than the artistic side. I'm not very artistic but having used Draw for 10 years I have picked up a fair bit of information about techniques along the way.

I find it hard to come up with stuff to try like Gary can for the Xara users, but am certainly willing to attempt to answer questions of the "how do I do this" type which haven't been very common in recent months.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Go to www.webreference.com.
    'Experts' section and find Peggy ... column. Cool tutorials.
    IP

IP