Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Universe

I'm posting this UI for two reasons:

1. I wanted to show you all what Electric Image's $299 Animation/modeling/Rendering solution looks like. It's an easy-to-use UI, very reminiscent of other winning 3D apps, and...

2. We had a sum total of 2 entries on this list today. Was it a holiday or something??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Dtoolkit.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	6046  

I'm posting this UI for two reasons:

1. I wanted to show you all what Electric Image's $299 Animation/modeling/Rendering solution looks like. It's an easy-to-use UI, very reminiscent of other winning 3D apps, and...

2. We had a sum total of 2 entries on this list today. Was it a holiday or something??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Universe is a great soft, but it cost $1295... or $895 as a competitive upgrade, as far as i know ?

I would give it a serious look if it was $299, 'cause it's modeler is quite good (never tested the other parts, demo of R4 was awfull to use)....

For your second concern, i must say that there is so few new threads, feedback, and answers to posts here, i don't want to post anymore. I don't like to talk alone in the desert. I hope that will change... there are cool guys here, but the forum is just sleeping...

oops. I'm glad I'm not a software store salesperson.

Electric Image's 3d toolkit is $299, with amorphium tossed in for free. If you check into

http://www.amorphium.com/index.html

you'll see some fairly decent models created with 3D toolkit.

As for the forum's lack of contributions, I may need to apply an animation tool here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,
    Gare

Sorry Gare, i thought you were talking about the full Universe package. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I just come back from their site, and the toolkit is even cheaper than you said: it's priced $199 for Mac and $229 for windows... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

For animating the forum, i'm using Cinema 4D ART, wich is C4D XL without animation... so i don't have any tool to animate the forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

See, I like that interface.
    Reminds me of Lightwave, in a way. No cryptic symbols and hieroglyphics all over the place. Just good old text. We can all read that, right?

Yeah, Gary, like I said, this forum has really slowed to a crawl. I always come back and check for new posts, but there are rarely any. It's a shame, I always liked this place. I hope it can be resurrected.

Brett

Hi Brett--

The whole reason I showed off this interface is because interfaces for 3D apps in general have adopted a certain paradigm. Or two. Generally, we have a heads-up four view that can be toggled to one view, and this viewport is either to one side or to the centar of collapsable palettes.

I like working this way.

Okay, we got 66 lurkers at this writing, but only 5 contibutors! First five contributors get me to post a free font!

How about that????

My Best,
    Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.