Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How can I get the file sizes of multiple images without having to add each one individually? I burn images to C.D.'s when my desktop gets crowded and I need to know how large files with images from my digicam or scanned images are before burning them to a C.D. So far, I drag the file to the trash and it tells me how large it is, and then I cancel it. I'm afraid one of these days I'll make a mistake and empty the trash of the images I'm trying to save. I use Photoshop 6.0 on a Mac w/ O.S. 9.1. s

sitronĀ¶
    IP

How can I get the file sizes of multiple images without having to add each one individually? I burn images to C.D.'s when my desktop gets crowded and I need to know how large files with images from my digicam or scanned images are before burning them to a C.D. So far, I drag the file to the trash and it tells me how large it is, and then I cancel it. I'm afraid one of these days I'll make a mistake and empty the trash of the images I'm trying to save. I use Photoshop 6.0 on a Mac w/ O.S. 9.1. s

sitronĀ¶
    IP

sitron,

I use a brilliant 'Norton-Style' filemanager since ages. It's called Windows Commander from Ghisler Software.

It's available in different languages, really cheap and worth every penny !!

If you select different files, it will tell you immediately the combined filesize.

Or, you put all your images into a folder. If you move the selection over this folder and press the SPACE key, it will tell you this folder's size.

Get the demo and see for yourself. I could never do without this gem !!

Wolfgang
    IP

Can't you just look at the files in details view? That would tell you file sizes for all the individual files and then, if you select more than one, the file size should come up on the left or bottom of the folder.

It does for me anyhow. ??

-fodo
    IP

... you can also just select the file(s) and right click, then choose "Properties" from the pop-up context menu (bottom of the menu). This will show you 2 file sizes - 1: the size of the file(s) itself & 2: the amount of disk space the file(s) take up on your harddrive.
    IP