Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I downloaded a tool called "BlueMoonRenderingTool", or BMRT. It is free, only PC, and claims to be something like a tool called "Renderman".

Before I installed it, I looked at the manual and didn't understand one iota. (Had the same state of mind when I saw Lightwave, and this has got nothing to do with the quality of the software, only with my lack of insight))

Anyone knows this, is interested or can give me some info?

Yeah, I'll start with C4DArt in a few weeks, and yeah, why download etc etc...

I downloaded a tool called "BlueMoonRenderingTool", or BMRT. It is free, only PC, and claims to be something like a tool called "Renderman".

Before I installed it, I looked at the manual and didn't understand one iota. (Had the same state of mind when I saw Lightwave, and this has got nothing to do with the quality of the software, only with my lack of insight))

Anyone knows this, is interested or can give me some info?

Yeah, I'll start with C4DArt in a few weeks, and yeah, why download etc etc...

Erik Renderman is a Pixar invention if I am not wrong and is also one kick ass renderer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,actual Garry would know heaps about this one,I wonder if we can get off the neighbours ice rink {swimming pool} for five minutes to let us in on what he knows about it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oooh oooh nice pirouette there G [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have limited experience with BMRT. It is run from the command line (no interface, unless someone has written one for your modeller). It is a good renderer, but hard to learn (at least for me).

If you use Rhino, There is a graphical interface you can download for Rhino. I have tried it, but I like Cinema's render just as well and Cinema is easier to use.

--Randy

If I could see the renderer "BlueMoon", I could tell you its implementation.

RenderMan (PIXAR) is made in SGI "flavor", Mac "flavor, PC "flavor", Maya "Flavor", and a few other unix implementations, such as BART, the "legitimate, independently-developed RenderMan clone created at a university.

Without knowing too much here, I'd say what you own is a shader that requires an "in program" control to assign blue moon to an object. The file itself that you found goes in a RenderMan pouch (folder), so it can be called to render when it hits a line of code that Rhino is requesting "BlueMoon" shader for this part of the rendering file.

Again, I think the problem is that you need a PC copy of RenderMan (I have one from 6 years ago...,good luck finding it today), you need to drop BlueMoon into the shader pouch, and your modeling application must be able to assign this "property" to an object, and the file must be saved with the reference in the file.

Luckily, the RenderMan is built around English, like PostScript is, so you could do a word search on the modeled saved file before rendering and check to see for an instance of "BlueMoon" in the file.

Shit, I know more about this than I thought! Must be the ice skating, hmmm, kiwi? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Happy 2002, Everyone (except bin Laden)!!!!

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Thanks for taking the trouble.

Me, I'll stick safely to C4DArt (in a short while), but because it was so "what you don't see is what you probably will get", I thought it would be something for real pro's...and because it is free, well, why not post it inncase someone might be interested...?

Good thinking Erik [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The link is: http://www.exluna.com/products/bmrt/

Here is some info from there web page:

"BMRT supports such features as ray traced reflections and shadows; area lights; texture, environment, and shadow mapping; and fully programmable surface, displacement, light, and volume shaders. BMRT's input scene files and shaders are largely compatible with our commercial renderer, Entropy, as well as those of PhotoRealistic RenderMan.

BMRT is ideal for students and other noncommercial users who want to learn about advanced rendering. For commercial users who require more advanced features, production-worthy speed and memory use, modeler integration, and technical support, we recommend our Entropy product. " - from their website

Hope this clears up things a little.

--Randy

Hello my name is brian and i'm just beginning with all this computer generated graphix can anyone tell me where i can get some cool pirated programmes

ahahahaaa... eeeeboy... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Being a MOD, i COULD just delete the above post... but i think Gary might enjoy doing that himself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]