Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Link Animation

I am currently creating a menu with Flash MX 2004 Pro. I have the menu setup with its own animations that run continuously. I want to add menu items (links) and when you mouse over them they do an animation of their own. I only know how to make them do a single frame mouse over change. How would I go about making those menu items have their own seperate animation with more than 1 frame that wouldnt change anything but the menu item? Thanks for any help!

<- Flash Newb
    IP

I am currently creating a menu with Flash MX 2004 Pro. I have the menu setup with its own animations that run continuously. I want to add menu items (links) and when you mouse over them they do an animation of their own. I only know how to make them do a single frame mouse over change. How would I go about making those menu items have their own seperate animation with more than 1 frame that wouldnt change anything but the menu item? Thanks for any help!

<- Flash Newb
    IP

make all your menus movie clips. inside the movie clips your animations can be intricate and lengthy, while still holding the function of a button. this is the way i normally do mine:

i set up actions so that it stops on the first frame, then gotoandplay(next frame) on(rollover), where it plays the first part of my menu animation until the animation is through on which frame it is set to stop again. then i set it to gotoandplay(next frame) where it plays the descending part of my menu animation on(rollout). i usually set it up so that there is an actions layer, then a button layer (an invisible box turned into a button which sits over the menu title.) then the menu title layer, where all my animations and tweens are located, which is a graphic not a button. in this way, each one of my menus runs independently of the main movie timline, with no limit to my menu animations. hope this helps.

rock.
    IP