Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I apologize ahead of time if I've missed this somewhere, but I swear I searched HELP and this forum before posting here.

My problem: I have chosen to use "selected states" on a nav bar (with NO menu items.) My understanding is that when you are "jump" to the page in the nav bar, that "button" should show "selected" while the others remain "off."

I see some code in .js that looks at current page, etc. but I didn't want to mess with it yet.

My question is do you have to set some value on the various pages to get this feature to work? Or is it supposed to be able to see that the url referenced in the menu is the same as the current page?

Do you have to have the full url in the menu? Is it case sensitive? I'm using IE 6.0 and Firefox. Same effect.

Any ideas?

b0b

Ummm... Bob,

I must be tired, but I lost that totally. I have no idea what you are asking.

too tired at 10:00? what's this world coming to? lol... gone are the days of jolt cola? what about red bull? or some shots of starbuck's expresso? i heard bud even has a new "budstinger" with caffeine, guarana and other stimulants...

anyway, simply put (i hope) the friggin' button of the page you are currently on doesn't "light up" - my understanding is that one state is where it lights up as you "roll over" it, but that it should stay lighted if you press it and go to the page.

it doesn't and i am wondering if i have to set some flag for each page or is this supposed to be automatic.

b0b

I get it now... Bob...

If you have the lighted and unlighted buttons looking exactly alike, then you will see no difference. Or if the browser can not find the mouseover button, it will never change. Either of these will give you the same indication in the browser.

On being tired... 16 hours staring at a screen will make anybody tired.

only 16 hours? i guess it depends what you stare at. :-)

actually the lighted and unlighted buttons are quite different (one almost black and the other being almost dayglo orange.) the browser finds the mouseover image fine when i'm actually "mouserovering." it's just that it doesn't stay lighted when i click on it and go to the page.

anyway, i figured it out. in the menu area, it seems it can't (or doesn't) deal with a full url like http://www.fantasticfilipinas.com/stephanie.htm. i got it to stay lighted (i know lit sounds better, but trust me, it's lighted) by using just stephanie.htm but then the linke wouldn't work since the menu (.js) is in a subdirectory. after some playing around it seems it likes ../stephanie.htm - not exactly intuitive is it AND definitely doesn't appear to be documented anywwhere.

anyway, problem solved. thanks for the tips.

b0b

If you look at the menus button and the button properties tab you see a third button posibbility named "selected". by default it is off where mouseoff and mouseover are on... Does this help more?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	4001