Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice work guys.

jens I am still saving for xl 7 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,maybe 8 will be out by the time I have enough cash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Since we are discussing compositing here is an image I made entirely in PS 6.I wanted to see if I could mimick 3d beofre I bought a 3d program,I was quite rapt with the result.

Stu.

Doh!...now the pic would help eh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mechanoid-copy.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	19838  

Great work guys! I sit here in front of my monitor and qawk, at the talent displayed here.

As far as whether to touch up or add to a 3d image using a 2d package, I think is determined on the artist's desired output.

Stills get close inspection by the viewers. Sometimes one will sit and stare at a still image for quite sometime. So enhacements are a good choice.
    Animation...everything usually happends so fast that we are not staring at a single image, but are wowed! by the motion. So we can get away without the added detail.

Now when we render out a single frame we take that into PSP, PS6, Painter... ... and enhance the image, and we still have the 3d scene for animation.

I will stop rambling now.

---Randy