Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Golden hour

An old pic I re worked again.I have a folder of projects I re work again every now and then,and update.

Used C4d.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stilllifepic.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	16751  

Used PS as well.......and cheers to Gare for the wall paper texture..I remembered where I got it this time Gare

Hey, I remember this project...

cool beans Stu

Excellent details. Reminds me of an existing light photo; no flash used. It's extremely hard to properly take a photo using the technique, and even harder to setup objects, materials, and lighting in a 3D program to reproduce the effect. Very well done my friend!!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks James and Soquili

Soquili ya it is kind of tricky I tried to mimic the effect of light coming in a window from behind the painting/fireplace,but I especially wanted that golden lighting type effect.

I used PS multi passes a bit.First I rendered diffuse,specular,reflection.I didnt render a shadow pass because I wanted to use area shadow later {which is really proc intensive} Next I did my shadow pass which took a while,and last but not least I then did a radiosty pass as well {the key to the golden light effect} In PS I opened all the requisite files and dragged what I wanted into a master file of passes.I quite often copy a spec layer or reflection etc to lift the image yet again.The radiosity pass usually takes the longest and I used the default C4D settings,but to increase the amount of radiosity in youre image copy the radiosity layer in PS as many times as you like until it looks right.If you were going to render youre radoisty straight off at the strength you want for youre final image it would take forever to render,so I go kinda low and then copy that layer in PS.Its not an incredibly accurate way of doing it but it suffices for most images.

Its also a good idea sometimes as well to select seperate pass {in the details page for youre lights} for youre key light,then select,selected in multi pass under lights.By using multi pass you can adjust pretty much anything in youre image without having to re render once more

Cheers

Stu.

Hiya Stu,

That image looks just wonderful. How traquill and thinking how nice the fire in the fireplace would be too assuming it's a fireplace mantel!!

Did you do the painting??
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Richsrd

Ya it is a fire place mantel.I had the old file and I kind of liked the camera angle so I kept it.If I rebuilt the scene today I would probably make it a whole room.Ya I also painted the picture in the frame.

Stu.