Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone know how I can put the Flash Player installation file on a CD that I'm building with Flash. I will want for people to be able to install the player without having to connect to the internet.

I think this question has come up before but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    IP

Does anyone know how I can put the Flash Player installation file on a CD that I'm building with Flash. I will want for people to be able to install the player without having to connect to the internet.

I think this question has come up before but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    IP

Just double click on the swf and when it starts
    just go to the file menu and save it as a projector file, the player is wraped around the swf and makes it a standalone exe / hqx. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

What if the Flash Player is not installed? I will have a .exe file that loads .swf files into it. I need a way to install the Flash Player from a CD. The only way I've seen so far is to load it from Macromedia.com.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    IP

I didn't understand your posting at first. So, you are telling me that the "loaded" .swf files become .exe files when loaded into the main .exe file? So, the Flash Player will not be needed as long as the "main" or Base file is an EXE?

Thanks and sorry for misinterpreting your information. Believe me, I appreciate every bit of info that is passed to me

Scott
    IP

Yup that thats what I'm saying, as long as you have the right path for the swf to be loaded into the exe playing it will just run. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Regards, Bill

IP

Thanks Bill,

That has been a question that has boggled my mind for some time now. I just never got around to asking. The reason I was so desparate to know this is because I made a small Projector file and emailed it to a friend. He said that when he tried to open the attachment, a window popped up and asked him to install something (he's pretty computer illiterate though). He declined and asked me about it the next day. I told him that it was a simple .EXE file and it should work for him. In this instance, there were no .swf files being loaded into the .EXE so I wondered if the Flash Projector was a TRUE EXECUTABLE file. In addition, I have a game that is downloadable from the internet (it's a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game") that has, in fact, become quite popular the world over (my goodness I wish I had thought of a way to make money from that project before making the game). I have recieved a couple of emails claiming that the same situation has happened to them when trying to open the game. Since I'm working on another project involving a Flash Projector file that loads .swf files into it, I was wondering if I had gone about it all wrong by using Flash. I know that Director is a good solution for things like this but I don't have time to learn it for this project.

Thanks again Bill and anyone else who reads this posting.

Scott
    IP