Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Yea, for me it was just fun to play around with, you know, see if anything was dif from expression3, to which, I really am not all that friendly with it (e3) either.. I mean I know of the various options etc, having played around some, but yea, just not perhaps what I require on a daily basis... but, non the less... some power there for those determined enough to make use of such... E3 was/is pretty decent for free, and I am sure many truly used it to create some wonderful results... Fun fun fun

http://www.bildsajten.com/acrylic/acrylics1.htm
    http://www.bildsajten.com/acrylic/acrylics2.htm

I am new to this forum. I stumbeled upon it while I was looking around for views on MS Acrylic. The discussion here is a bit the same what I read here and there in other forums. Some love to hate Microsoft. But as I understand it Ms are doing a very serious attempt to make a very good drawing and painting software based om Expression. I have never used Expression but been trying out Acrylic for some hours now. It's no harder to learn than Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Flash or other graphics apps. In fact Microsoft will make it more "windowish" than E3 ever was, as I understand it.

So a serious and positive approach to this Ms new software is a good startingpoint while trying it out. I must say I love it! Next to Painter IX it's already my favourite application. I have been using a lot of graphic softwares through the years and I know what I want. Here is an all in all software - both vector and bitmap! Great!

Maybe Microsoft will make a release soon of that LivingCels that they bought at the same time as they bought E3; then we will have some outstanding graphic apps from Bill & Co!

Well, thats my opinion. I will continue evaluating Acrylic with an open mind and maybe publish some more of my drawings/paintings made with this xellent beta software. If you like, have a look at my two first attempts. Just click the links! The first one was made in an expressionistic mode to try to simulate matural media like acrylic paint. The second illustration I was trying to make an ordinary botanical illustration, which is very hard with vector software. Expression is great for that purpose! You can render more lifelike then any other drawing software, believe me!

I'll be back for more discussions on Acrylic, if there will be some...

Hi there Sweedie!

Nice to see you at TG!

LivingCels is indeed the big mystery! Still think it's something they will mould in to some sort of flash-like application. I guess time will tell - and I don't think we will have to wait longer... than the next OS release...

After a couple of years of expirmenting with transparent reflection maps, and having to save to PNG to get the transparency, I found that turning on paper texture caused on screen transparency. I made a white image and placed it in my texture resources. This allowed me to turn on the transparency without adding additional texture. Previously, the on screen view showed black in place of transparency. Rich

These are my latest xperiments with Acrylic.Watch this!

Some impressive images Sweedie. I'll have to do a double take on ACRYLIC. Looks like fun.

Alan

I found that if I create a variable transparency black reflection map, that it is possible to use the erase blending mode to cause transparency of an object in back. Rich

A new Beta version (build 770) has been released.

Rich

Default Re: Acrylic Beta (Expression)

After reading this thread I downloaded the beta and it rocks!!! It's amazing I love this programme - I don't think it's hard to learn or slow - it's perfect - especially the way you can make and store your own brushes - may even attempt a portrait with it when i get to grips with it more!

It's a completely different tool to Xara X1 but if they improve the shape tools and type on it I think in some respects it'll give Xara a run for it's money!

Default Re: Acrylic Beta (Expression)

I agree here's an image posted in the non-xara gallery that has been made in Acrylic. It's not a photograph, it was completely manufactured using samples from a photograph of a tree and texture brushes etc.
    When it's released it will most likely be over priced, but at the moment it's free and up for grabs.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	20284