Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: must go on

Default Re: must go on

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    Valery is a very talented artist and it is always a pleasure to hear from him and see his work here. Valery please post any new works you have for us here at the gallery. We are all waiting with anticipation to see it.
    За здоровьеcheers
    Sorry to veer off the topic, but what is this, Bruce?
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    But seriously, i don't believe this image was drawn 100% from scratch without any existing photograph's as a reference - that would be simply mad!
    You are right. I can`t to draw such photorealistic picture without reference. I am a common man and don`t can to keep in my mind so much details at time. Different pictures need various quantity of details and degree of realism . So some photos give me only mood and other ones give details. Anyhow I need to edit every object for combining all details of my picture in one complete composition.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS-USSR View Post
    You are right. I can`t to draw such photorealistic picture without reference. I am a common man and don`t can to keep in my mind so much details at time. Different pictures need various quantity of details and degree of realism . So some photos give me only mood and other ones give details. Anyhow I need to edit every object for combining all details of my picture in one complete composition.
    No worries, Val.

You have posted enough of your work complete with .xar files for analysis so we all know how you accomplish your pictures.

So .. knowing the how and having the same tools ... we can do the same, right?

Giving a man a piano and a score doesn't make him a pianist ... practice, practice and study is needed for those who have the will.

Thanks again for insight into your techniques and skills.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Sorry to veer off the topic, but what is this, Bruce?
    Forum glitches with the code once the forum has moved to the most recent versions. If you do a search on old threads that were posted prior the forum update you will find many like those.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS-USSR View Post
    Yes I totally understand and before I start working on anything I look up resources like the web for references as well. There is nothing wrong with it if you want to do some good work. Quite often it's the tiny little bits and pieces of detail which make it it look real.

The same approach is used in 3d animation where the whole studio of animators is visiting the local zoo to see how Animals behave and move if they work on an animated movie of this kind. Sometimes entire walkcycles are taped on video are used as a reference to recreated it frame-by-frame (motion tracking) in the computer. In 3D computer games like Lara Croft someone of the staff climbed over the wall wearing a special suit which transmits motion in space, this motion was captured for 3D Animation used later in the game. This technique is quite common as you've seen the result in blockbusters movies like Lord of the Rings and such.

So there's nothing wrong using existing phenomena, real pictures as reference or inspiration for your own project.

And even designers like Colani quote "Nature is the starting point."
    http://www.colani.ch/frame.htm
    Last edited by Nostaw; 14 November 2006 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Forum glitches with the code once the forum has moved to the most recent versions. If you do a search on old threads that were posted prior the forum update you will find many like those.
    And by that I think Availor means when we went from Infopop's dreadful, dreadful system to vBulletin. There were some glitches on the transfer, but it was the best I could do while also maintaining attachments. It took months of work with vBulletin guys to get the best we could, and now we have a useable system with ten times the daily traffic. Oh, and that thing called "uptime". So a small price to pay.

If you have any questions about the board, its software etc. please post them in the feedback forum as I will spot them then.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I think this thread deserves to be seen again. It is the first time I have seen it, and I am absolutely blown away.

Valery, you are an absolutely amazing artist. I am honoured to have seen such work.

Thanks to John Rayner for pointing out this thread.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Really nice.

amazing perspeective in the legs.

and beatifull shadows.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Well if you want to see more of Valery's work look on the XaraXone.
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/vk/index.htm
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/jan07/
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Do not miss seeing his work in the Xara Gallery http://www.xara.com/gallery/artist.asp?artist=kouleshov

There are many Talkgraphics members that are fans of Valery's art
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update