Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: must go on

I am blown away! Speechless...

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net

Your comments make me to think that I did something outstanding. I try to believe it but I can`t. I always find some details in my pictures I want to change , but I prefer to live everything like it was done when I finished the work.
    This picture takes about two weeks. It not means that I spend all this time working on it. My regular work make me to do something other or leave home for some time. So I can`t to say how many hours I spent. I can imagine that working process takes about 20-25 hours. Maybe more , maybe less. When I`m working time fly so quickly .
    I`ve met “Sarah” in 1986. It was 1,2 version. My favorite program was Corel Draw and at the beginning Corel Xara seems very different from one and too simple . But then I estimated it`s remarkable features. Somebody on this forum said that in Xara he can to create, but not think about tools. So it is a problem to me to describe all steps in my work, because I need to remember it. Sometimes I need to use my “fingers” to explain details even I discuss with my client in Russian.
    Hope my works will help to you guys in your creation as Gary`s pictures helped to me to understand Xara`s preferences.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Russ. Just another couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1. Did you work from a photograph for this pic, or was it drawn completely from your mind?
    2. IS Xara your favorite graphics program, and what others do you use?

Many thanks again!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Some pictures I draw from my mind, some ones I prepare in 3D and then use it as model and some of them I draw using photograph. Every artist which draw real objects need models. More (if he think to draw realistic picture)or less. Nobody can to duplicate absolutely, if original and copy were done with different tools.
    1. I did this picture from photograph. I draw not shapes, but forms. Instead of square, triangle and circle I draw cube, cone and sphere. Do you understand?
    2. I use Xara, Corel Draw, Photo PAINT, 3D studio, Flash, Bryce , FrontPage and some other.
    Often I use several of them in one work. I don`t like “to scratch my left ear with right hand” . I mean I look for way to get best result using best way. Very important for me to use program where I can to change some details quickly, if necessary .

Back to the top. I was not a member at the time when Valery posted this.

OH MY GOD!!!

I am falling off of my chair, the illustration is just out of this world spectacular!! I could go on and on but I won't!!

You know if would be really cool if Anthony could create a forum called Xara Showcase and only finished pieces would be posted and then locked so that it would be a place for artists to post and to come for some inspiration without all the pages of posters asking questions, commenting and babbling (like I tend to do ).

Anyway, Colin I am thankful that you dug up this wonderful piece for us to admire, there are many new members since this was posted!! THANKS and thanks to Valery for the inspiration!!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Looks like a photo... amazing...no, just can't think of the right word to describe this kind of work... thanks so much for sharing this...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Yeah, this one is a beauty! I'll add another 'wow' to my previous ones.

Images like this sells software! It should be featured on the Xara Ltd. site!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I totally agree Risto, this is one of the best examples of that what can be done in XaraX for all the 'realist' type of artists shopping around.

I hope Valery doesn't mind but since I don't have the originals I tried to create a Sara X to Wire Frame sort of effect. Maybe Valery could do an official one for this thread and maybe Charles will take a look, fall off of his chair and then think on it when he's picked him self up off of the floor!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sara_to_Vector.gif 
Views:	729 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	7684  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    I totally agree Risto, this is one of the best examples of that what can be done in XaraX for all the 'realist' type of artists shopping around.

I hope Valery doesn't mind but since I don't have the originals I tried to create a Sara X to Wire Frame sort of effect. Maybe Valery could do an official one for this thread and maybe Charles will take a look, fall off of his chair and then think on it when he's picked him self up off of the floor!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what would be tottally Cool and Fantastic?

A Sara Flash piece... adding layer upon layer until the entire picture is drawn... That would be awe inspiring...

John/DOT
    John/DOT

Marvellous work! It takes demonstration of Xara's capabilities to a whole new level.

Best regards,

Kane