Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I wish I had the time/digital camera/photo opportunity because I think this would be a REAL cool demonstration of the ability of Xara for previewing products...

I looked at the stained glass samples here at the board and kept thinking about a local stained glass artist. One day I may go by and talk to them about how they could use Xara to show a preview to a customer without cutting any glass. I even thought about the following process and challenge anyone to try it out...

1. find a house with a door that could use some stained glass.
    2. take a picture with the door closed, then with the door open
    3. using Xara, create a stained glass window in the photo of the door using the "door open" photo underneath so that you get the illusion of looking through the window into the house...

Sound neat?

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

I wish I had the time/digital camera/photo opportunity because I think this would be a REAL cool demonstration of the ability of Xara for previewing products...

I looked at the stained glass samples here at the board and kept thinking about a local stained glass artist. One day I may go by and talk to them about how they could use Xara to show a preview to a customer without cutting any glass. I even thought about the following process and challenge anyone to try it out...

1. find a house with a door that could use some stained glass.
    2. take a picture with the door closed, then with the door open
    3. using Xara, create a stained glass window in the photo of the door using the "door open" photo underneath so that you get the illusion of looking through the window into the house...

Sound neat?

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

I think you have just defined your next career, Robert :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Isn't opening other people's doors called burglary ?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wolfgang

P.S.: I really would like your idea if I were a stained glass artist ...

The real challenge here would be to write an auxillary program with an interface for XARA specifically for stained glass people, so they could do their own prototypes on the computer, quickly and easily. Checking first, of course, to find out what resources are already available to them, at what quality, and what cost.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/ashley.jpg