Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am useing serif page plus 8 to build my website,and have just purchaced xara menumaker and created some navbars i want to use,but iam unable load them on my webpages, page plus8 needs the html code which i can,t find and menumaker will not load them either what am i doing wrong can anyone help. i am really a bit of a novice so please have this in mind if you reply.
    thanks

Hi Robjod2,

Welcome to the forums.

I'll try to answer your question; although Ramwolff will probably be able to answer it better. He uses Page Plus, and I think I remember he also uses MenuMaker.

I'm making an assumption that MenuMaker, is similar to Xara Webstyle in it's export of NavBars. Look in your Program Files folder for the Xara folder. In the Xara folder should be a MenuMaker folder, and under that should be an Export folder. Your NavBar may be there along with an htm or html file, a .js javascript file, and the graphics used in the NavBar. It is possible there is a NavBar folder within the Export folder. If so your NavBar would be in that folder.

Sorry I can't be more specific; I don't have MenuMaker. Looking at the details about the program on the Xara website, it is very similar to Webstyle's NavBar feature.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

OK, first off this is an attempt to help, so I'll try my best here. I have MM but I don't use it, I found it to be in need of some work. I just played with it though, so here goes.

To find your saved grapics and HTML pages, if you are using the default Windows drive (meaning C go here:

C:Program FilesXaraXara Menu Maker 1.0xport

and you should see your exported files that you will need.

Then go to PagePlus and go to Insert/Web Object (all the way at the bottom of the menu) and then choose "Rollover" and when the dialog comes up you will presented with some options.

Hyperlink: Set and insert the link where the roll over will be pointing too. You have a few options here:

An Internet Page
    A page in your publication
    An Internet email address
    or
    A file on your hard disk

Then one by one you will need to browse to where each graphic is to make it work right. Rollover states Normal is checked by default and then you will browser over to:

C:Program FilesXaraXara Menu Maker 1.0xport

and select your first graphic, select that and then the Over state will be the next thing you will need in order for PagePlus to create the rollover. I'm not sure what 'Radio button' is for and I think that will be good. Then the program will change your mouse cursor to a + and a gray box, click anywhere on the page and the rollover will be inserted. I dont' think the HTML that are generated will be needed.

Serif is a good company but I am looking forward to an update for WebPlus and PPlus PDF and hopefully they will make it all better!!

I hope this information is useful to you!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I did a walk through and it works just fine!! and NO I didn't have to use the HTML pages that are exported as part of the rollover files!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks for taking time out to try and help with my problem,i followed your instructions and you were right it doe,s put the navbar on my webpage,
    but however it doe,s not show on my browser,
    still trying hope i will have enough hair,
    robjod2

If you publish JUST that one page it's not showing up?? That can't be right Robjod.

If you do a preview in browser is it there?? If so and then you do a File/Publish Site/to Disk Folder and then browse to a folder that you have already created to have it published to and then once it's published then it should give you a dialog that will allow you to view the site page and the roll over should be there. If it is then publishing the site to the web should be just fine.

With this sort of thing you really should take the time to double check your steps and make sure it's fine before publishing to the www!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi ramwolff,
    I have published to disc the page i want the new navbar, but it still does,nt show in the preview browser i have not published to www. yet not until i get it right
    Thanks
    robjod

Hi Robjod2

I use PagePlus8 and have just purchased Webstyle. I am assuming the navbar export is the same in Webstyle as it is from Menumaker. Here is how I have done it.

Open up the .html file (C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Menu Maker 1.0\Export) in notepad and select and copy the line:-

<script src="zaramenu.js">< /script><script webstyle3 src="xxxx.js">< /script>

Do not copy the text I have typed here.

Now in Pp8 click 'insert/web object/HTML' and paste the text in the body section. Keeping the dialog open, click on the 'add' button in the files section and browse to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Menu Maker 1.0\Export and select all the graphic files and the two xxx.js files do not select the xxx.html file. Click OK and drag out your html frame.

This has worked for me using Webstyle, I don't have Menumaker so I am not 100% on this.

BTW Opera will not show submenus, but the navbar looks OK in MSIE and Mozilla.

HTH, Steve

Steve,
    Thanks for the reply, i have been working on the lines you sugested, so i followed your instuctions and nearly got there but what i got was a plain white menubar with little white boxes in it, with little red crosses, but thats the nearest i,ve been.
    I am thinking now could it be something to do with background layers i have on my webpage, iv,e tried everything else, any thoughts on that.
    Thanks
    robjod2

Watch out for 100% transpanacies in MM. It can drive you nuts

Also, you may want to look into CoolMenus. It take some coding but the work real well.

http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/projects/coolmenus/?m=10

-David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trans.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	2431