Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Phone

Thanks for the further explanation Mike. I think the orientation may have been my problem. Will try it again when I get home this evening.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

aha, thanks for the extra explaination Mike... I will attempt this again and let ya know how things go

Teknal, Bill, yea, a few different toolsets involved there for sure eh... lol

nice spline Tek... now if that could be used with that spiral thingie then yahooo

Gidget, here's that wireframe. It gets kind of ugly up by the top Just remember I'm a beginner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone-wireframe2.gif 
Views:	382 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	6199  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hmm, well, I tried out your sugestions Mike re the planes, and you were right on the money So thanks for that

Now then, it would appear that I am getting a cord with normals facing inside out... hmmm ??

Hey, thanks for that Bill... wow, pretty clean looking mesh to me... I mean I would suppose the the front corners of thiis phone body would round out more than the corners at the backside, as there is more geom back there to influence a tighter corner, but other than this influence pondering I have, I think this mesh looks really good and clean, and I like how you recessed/moved in the area along the sides for the phone cradle... very way cool

As for the beginner stuff, hey, you are light years beyond me with this fun app known as C4D

Randy's course is sure covering some terrific ground, and you guys are really doing well, and are showing yourselves as terrific student's... and I am not just saying that to be nice...

Awesome stuff Bill, guys... carry on please

Thanks Gidget Randy's class is covering a lot of information. Randy explains things very well so they are easy to understand, he also put in some excellent examples. The Intro class will be available again, I believe next month. If you are interested. Randy has also mentioned he may be offering a more advanced class later.

Mike, I followed your instructions and got a coiled cord Now I just need to play around with it to figure out how I want to put it into the image. Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coiled-cord.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	16154  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Way to go Bill One phone cord ready to plug in

Speaking of Randy's class, we might be interested in getting our youngest son to Take Rany's CE course next time around... He is almost 11 years old, and has taken to 3D like a duck to water... maybe this way he could/would teach his ole dad a trick or two

Bill, I look forward to seeing the complete model.

Hey cool

I have never tried making a phone cord like that before actually,great solution guys..

Cool phone Soquili,if you ever have trouble with your mesh try planning it out in advance sometimes helps.I often use a plane object,make editable,then select the amount of polys I want for the outer size and whack the rest,also dont be shy sometimes to use a symetry object while modelling as you can always freeze it later and create 2 sides once more.I often use sym objects then when I come to a scaling of one type I need to do etc I freeze the symmetry object ,scale all points out and fiwhen finished in that area cut it in half for a sym object again.

Good thread on making a phone cord. There is also a plug in called Helix, that will let you draw a spline in the shape you want your phone cord and it will wrap a helix around it.

Pretty cool but it is not free. I think about 40 -50 dollars.