Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WIP - Phone

Looking good Bill!! The only thing that I see that bothers me is that the cord coming from the phone is a bit too straight looking while the rest of the cord is more fluid and natural in it's movement, even has those funky kinks in it that cords get after getting stretched and turned allot. Nice touch of realism there!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Richard. That part bothers me too. I'll have to drop a bend deformer in and tweak it a bit
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I agree with what others said. Doesn't look quite right yet. And I think it should also be scaled up a bit. It looks tiny compared to the phone. And you'd also need holes and those rubber protectors that fit in them for the phone and cord. It's those tiny details that makes things realistic.

Thanks Grafixman. I'm thinking about making modular plugs for the cord. That is if it doesn't make me any more crazy than I already am (said to the words of a Waylon Jennings song "I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane") I've been battling two bend deformers on one sweep nurb all evening. Think I've finally got a compromise, not a victory Still have some more tweaking before the update will be ready to post.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thats coming along great Bill

Yep the joys of splines and 3D sometimes eh....its always something that does your head in no matter how much you learn

A tip - The texture on the table is set on spherical so you have the center point and all radiates out.Spherical is best for human heads and ball shapes etc.For the table try UVW mapping Bill,or use flat,turn off tiling,go to the texture axis tool,select the rotation tool and roate the axis down so that the evelope you see sits flat upon the table.Now select scale and scale the texture out and over the table top.This is one of the best ways to apply textures.If you have say a wall use 90 degrees so once again the envelope is flat,but you must have the texture axis tool active to be able to do so,or your wall will rotate

Its Looking good

Stu.

Thanks Stu. I'm taking tonight off from working on the phone The eyes and head need it.

Greatly appreciate the tip. I haven't even looked at the texture axis tools yet. I have to confess that I purposely used the spherical for the table, just to see the weird effect. I'm back to being normal (for me anyway) and will make it normal too I'm thinking of going for a mahogany.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update