Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I apologize from going off topic as it was not so off topic but a suggestion. If all is straightened out then that's fine.

I don't have any suggestions for the look and feel of the board as that's a personal opinion that most would not like. As long as the boards funtion well and are not so inundated with too much flashing this and that, things work as expected and no long refresh times then I'm happy!

All the best and good luck!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

I will see if I can doodle an idea or so... 30th is not a lot of time... We are not doing this full time you know. I will give it a good shot tho...
    IP

I can leave it longer John, but I think migrating and getting attachments back is quite important.

Does anyone else want more time? If so, I can see about extending it. That date was, after all, very much plucked out of the air.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

How can we get the drafts to you? Post them here?
    IP

OK, the obvious questions for me are...

1) Branding... Xara forums would be better placed within the Xara web site... Yes/No?

I suggest this for the new user's to Xara, those who have just downloaded said product(s) and are looking for specific info... most software companies have the forums as a integrated or themed part of the parent site...

TalkGraphics on the other hand is somewhat unique in how this is included within the layout of a general graphics board...

KISS is usually the better approach, and thus I feel that this branding issue needs to be addressed before any further conciderations can be made regarding layout designs.

Perhaps some of the longer standing members will object to this, suggesting all is well, and there is no need to seperate the branding issues, be it so, however this really is a no brainer... as good a time as any, for Xara to step forward and stand on it's own branding...

If the good folks at Xara see to also build TalkGraphics, a wonderful graphics community for any and all, then by all means, we have been blessed.

But yea, business before pleasure is the first order of the day here... Portalize Xara Business together in one easy to navigate site, support forums included.

2)Will there be skins options for the viewer? Yea, ok, this request might seem hoky, but really, this could lead to a lot of good fun for all members looking to work this design deal here, and, keep the motion always going forward, and, it is much easier on the ole eyes when you can set thing up the way you like em...

anyways, just my couple of sense worth
    IP

Let us make our forum like the software that we use, "Quick" and "Easy to Use". But the most important value to place on the site that it is reliable, nothing else matters.

Eventually we will get accustom to how it looks, which is not important, but the ability to upload easily without linking to another site is the prime inportance. The number of forums that I ignore because i can not spontainiously upload the drawing that I would like to show is far to numerious to mention. Someone said KISS that is the best answer!
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Hi Anthony,
    Threw this together to get things going. Thanks for all your hard work on getting talkgraphics hosted on new messageboard.

Talkgraphics Design Submission 1 - Orange & Blue Theme

Talkgraphics Design Submission 2 - Orange & Gray Theme
    IP

Well AntonyF,

How can we show ya our doodles?
    IP

hehe, good question

Yea, the more I visit the Xara Group parent site the more I see these things portalized within... very appealing portal it would be...
    IP

gidgit,

Branding wise we want TalkGraphics to remain a neutral site. So neutral branding, no obvious sign of Xara, it will have non-Xara products etc.

Zee, thank you for the first entry.

As to how to present the designs... hmm. I forgot we can't do attachments. D'oh! If you can host them on your own website and link to them like Zee did (either link to an image showing the layout, the Xar file or an actual page). OR, email it to antonyf AT xara.com and I will upload it and link it in.

Thanks!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP