Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Redesign TalkGraphics!

You may spend quite a bit of time here, so why not design it how you want?

As you may know, I've been working on a way to migrate TalkGraphics to a new messageboard system. This is becuase the performance and level of service from our current providers has been been poor and lacks flexibility.

I am pleased to say that this is coming closer to reality, and it hopefully won't be too long until these forums are run on vBulletin and are hosted by ourselves. This means faster, better and no disk space restrictions (and that means no trouble with attachments anymore!).

New design
    To go with this move, it'd be really nice to redesign TalkGraphics, to give it a fresh lick of paint and to move away from what will be the standard v-Bulletin look.

To that end, this is an open competition to design a heading/title design for the top of the page. Feel free to do what you want, but key requirements are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>That it is something that isn't too large (in terms of download size, or 'real estate') and at the very least contains the word "TalkGraphics.com". You can change the page colors if you wish.
    <LI>You don't mind giving us your original artwork files, and then using them to redecorate TalkGraphics, and that we may adapt them to fit the needs of the messageboard design.
    <LI>That, if we choose your design, when we're customizing the rest of the message you won't mind if we talk to you, get your opinions on colors etc.
    <LI>It's a design that you, as a user of TalkGraphics, won't mind looking at each day![/list]
    To give you an idea of what vBulletin looks like as standard, this is their site's messageboard:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

The only difference is that our version will be unfixed width.

The winner
    We will probably hold a poll to gauge people on what they like; after all, these are your forums. This is the main reason for this competition, so that you can design the place you frequent.

However, as an additional incentive the winner will receive the entire Xara product suite.

If you have any questions, let let me know. Otheriwse, I hope you enjoy the challenge!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

I will see if I can doodle an idea or so... 30th is not a lot of time... We are not doing this full time you know. I will give it a good shot tho...
    IP

I can leave it longer John, but I think migrating and getting attachments back is quite important.

Does anyone else want more time? If so, I can see about extending it. That date was, after all, very much plucked out of the air.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

"it works... But with a little bit of creative thinking we can make it faster, smarter and more accurate - so we may sleep in longer in the morning..." - Risto

No wonder we had so many more toys to play with... You musta' broke all of yours...

waht is more neutral than gray?
    IP

Let us make our forum like the software that we use, "Quick" and "Easy to Use". But the most important value to place on the site that it is reliable, nothing else matters.

Eventually we will get accustom to how it looks, which is not important, but the ability to upload easily without linking to another site is the prime inportance. The number of forums that I ignore because i can not spontainiously upload the drawing that I would like to show is far to numerious to mention. Someone said KISS that is the best answer!
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

hehe, good question

Yea, the more I visit the Xara Group parent site the more I see these things portalized within... very appealing portal it would be...
    IP

Personally... I would rather keep the two shades of grey we alternate with now... It works... and as we used to say in the service...

"If it works... don't F0ck with it..."
    IP

Antony,

You might want to consider a board with almost neutrals colours, at least on the space where images are displayed (as here on Talkgraphics right now).

Bright colours in general (and especially in the background) of the board will effect/interfer with the colours of posted images.

My 2 cents worth.
    IP

Having a go at the logo...

IP

Well AntonyF,

How can we show ya our doodles?
    IP