Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In Professional Portrait Photography I am Looking for "Like Thinkers", courses, books on-line courses ... that focus on using portrait photography enhanced with Painter6 & Photoshop6 combined to create "W O W" images.

I envision a system (1 to 10 scale):
    1= simple desaturation, watercolor & focus adjustments ... all the way to
    10= being florescent multicolored, multi-textured abstract creations.

My quest is to focus on enhancing Portrait Photography. The courses & books I have found all contain valuable information but are too broad in scope.

Any ideas ???
    IP

In Professional Portrait Photography I am Looking for "Like Thinkers", courses, books on-line courses ... that focus on using portrait photography enhanced with Painter6 & Photoshop6 combined to create "W O W" images.

I envision a system (1 to 10 scale):
    1= simple desaturation, watercolor & focus adjustments ... all the way to
    10= being florescent multicolored, multi-textured abstract creations.

My quest is to focus on enhancing Portrait Photography. The courses & books I have found all contain valuable information but are too broad in scope.

Any ideas ???
    IP

denny

check out the 'some images' thread that i posted. there are two images there that are jpegs of some photos i played around with in P6. they are large files , 100K+ 150 dpi and have an original dimension of 8.5x11inches. to best view them drag the images onto the desktop of your computer and then open in an image editor. this will provide you with the intended view.
    my idea was to see how i could implement some of the painting tools in P6 to produce a loose, expressionistic manipulation of a photo that looked more painterly than something generated in photoshop. i'm not that keen on the history filters in PS but would rather produce a similar effect manually and P6 has the tools. as an airbrush artist for years i was not aware of the great potential in digital imaging, but now that i am into it i find myself rendering multimedia effects that would have otherwise, in traditional media, been next to impossible.

stecyk66
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Hi Denny,

Just stumbled upon a gallery no more then 1/2 hr. ago, by a German photographer, that you may (or may not) find interesting. URL is http://www.aljen.de/ Some interesting, avante garde, stuff!

Aljen seems to be having major problems with installing Painter 6 on a Mac, over at http://desktoppublishing.com/painter/paintertalk.html , so I mentioned the forum here. Hope someone can help? stecyk?

BR...
    IP

I am new to forums and do not know how to find the images that you were so kind to post.
    Cordially, Denny
    IP

The site you recomended was cool. There was an image of a cat whose fur lookd so soft = wow!

I read a book Noah's Ark by ?? a Scandinavian ?? a few years ago. It was rated one of the best wildlife books ever printed, and the fur on the paintings were very similiar = soft and a light feeling of depth.

Thank you
    Cordially, Denny
    IP