Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Inspiration

To view some samples of various media, including that created with Corel, please pay a visit to my humble portfolio page at

http://www.thefontman.com/samples.htm

Regards,
    The Fontmannullnull
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Thank you for the inspiration. There's a gallery here at i-us but in all honesty your stuff is a lot more likely to be seen in a post like this than in the gallery.

Other than that, I have several dry questions:

1) I've never heard of Swish, etc. Do they generate animated gif's of any kind (as one might also do with PhotoPaint) or are you restricted to specific effects in which only the colors, fonts, etc. are variable?

2) Are you showing the prices because the vendors have provided them to you as promos? Because you're the vendor? Her brother?

3) Is the AOP logo your design, or is it included only because you're a member?

4) There is nothing about the Xara example that from the client's perspective could not have been done just as easily with Draw. Could you have provided such an example? In other words, is Xara merely easier to use, or does it do something Draw does not?
    IP

Other than that, I have several dry questions:

1) I've never heard of Swish, etc. Do they generate animated gif's of any kind (as one might also do with PhotoPaint) or are you restricted to specific effects in which only the colors, fonts, etc. are variable?

SWiSH generates shockwave flash movies (SWFs). It is a great program for the price.

2) Are you showing the prices because the vendors have provided them to you as promos? Because you're the vendor? Her brother?

Showing the prices as they are great programs for the dollar. Nope, had to buy them, they were not freebies.

3) Is the AOP logo your design, or is it included only because you're a member?

The logo was a collective effort and made around 6 years ago. Don't even know if the association still exists.

4) There is nothing about the Xara example that from the client's perspective could not have been done just as easily with Draw. Could you have provided such an example? In other words, is Xara merely easier to use, or does it do something Draw does not?

Xara does a lot of great stuff at a fraction of the cost and headaches associated with Corel. Sorry bout the bust here folks, but am speaking my opinion since I have been a faithful user since v1 of Corel. I gotta say, XaraX is very impressive! Check out the forum for XaraX and download the beta eval.

Regards,
    Mark Schallow
    a.k.a. The Fontman
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP