Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Terragen

MAN THAT IS COOL LUV THE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE SUN AND CLOUDS did you layer that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAINTS_FREEZE.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	19489  

to earl wilson...there is a plugin to ligthwave http://www.spatial-design.com/plugins/lw2tg/index.htm
    it also works with inspire 3d

Name:	mount-farinas.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	14286  

Hey fellas!

I just wanted to say that i'm very glad you're all enjoying Terragen. I know i myself have been attempting to turn people onto this app for about 6-8 months now.

And Gary, glad you're finally a user as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep in mind though folks that this program, albeit very adept at what it does now, IS ONLY IN IT'S SEMI-BETA DEVELOPMENT STAGE.
    The creator, as Gary mentioned, has oodles of greater plans for the app in the future. I for one will definately be staying tuned to it's future growth & development!

ALSO... i mainly wanted to tell all the newer users to checkout all of the currently avaliable plugins for the app. There are a alot of them that will help you apply custom textures, landscapes (height maps), and a few other things - such as exporting terrains for use with other apps; and even creating water transperncy for added realism!
    Here's an url: http://www.terragen.de/plugins.htm

And checkout the various tutes they have there too, for a better understanding of the program. The best tutes i've yet seen for Terragen have been created by Carol Brooksbank, here: http://www.soft.net.uk/brooksbank/terratut/

Have fun!

...that it's not too difficult to mix'n'match an image composite together using different apps.

This particular one was done using Terragen for the land, sky & water... and Poser & Photoshop for the people. Then Photoshop again to composite everything together (including adding shadows & reflections), and 'polish' the final look.

Name:	discovery-island.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	12186  

Thanks Doobs, I'll check that out...