Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

///updated///

I changed the following:
    (1) Added the veil, which had blown off...
    (2) Re-sized "Chuck"; tucked the tongue and moved him to the foreground.
    (3) Moved and resized the "naughty" bird.
    (4) Re-sized and moved the church, also changed the shape of the window.
    (5) Re-sized and moved the sun.

Also, isn't it funny how you discover things in your pictures much later? - I for one, never noticed that the mother-in-law was in there too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bill - Yeah, you were right about the cross on the church... it was bothering me last night... but I was too tired to focus in on it. I like the size of the bird, though... I even made it bigger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I really appreciate your input! Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I like Picasso's work (especially the things he did in the 30's) for his use of colour. I also like his simple, elegant and smooth blocked in shapes to convey a subject matter. All his work that are "simple" and "fun" are my favorites!

I believe it was Picasso that said (he had a LOT of quotes...): "WHAT is more important than HOW"... I like that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My biggest influence from Picasso and Inuit-block-prints... simplify and have a blast!

Ross - there are noses "in there" you just have to have a really wild imagination... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary - Your "Stained glass" tutorial is in my opinion your best one, but doing "Target Practice" convinced me to buy Xara!

///updated///

Risto

At the risk of being killed by my wife I'm posting our "alternative" wedding picture... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The dog is "Charlie" the Beagle - the day before the wedding he got into all the gift wrapped truffels while everyone was out of the house... when we got home, he was just lying on his side panting... he lived...

The bird is the one that used our pollished transport for target practice during the cermony [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on May 23, 2001 at 18:31.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weddingday2.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	11817  

///updated///

I changed the following:
    (1) Added the veil, which had blown off...
    (2) Re-sized "Chuck"; tucked the tongue and moved him to the foreground.
    (3) Moved and resized the "naughty" bird.
    (4) Re-sized and moved the church, also changed the shape of the window.
    (5) Re-sized and moved the sun.

Also, isn't it funny how you discover things in your pictures much later? - I for one, never noticed that the mother-in-law was in there too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bill - Yeah, you were right about the cross on the church... it was bothering me last night... but I was too tired to focus in on it. I like the size of the bird, though... I even made it bigger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I really appreciate your input! Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I like Picasso's work (especially the things he did in the 30's) for his use of colour. I also like his simple, elegant and smooth blocked in shapes to convey a subject matter. All his work that are "simple" and "fun" are my favorites!

I believe it was Picasso that said (he had a LOT of quotes...): "WHAT is more important than HOW"... I like that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My biggest influence from Picasso and Inuit-block-prints... simplify and have a blast!

Ross - there are noses "in there" you just have to have a really wild imagination... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary - Your "Stained glass" tutorial is in my opinion your best one, but doing "Target Practice" convinced me to buy Xara!

///updated///

Risto

At the risk of being killed by my wife I'm posting our "alternative" wedding picture... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The dog is "Charlie" the Beagle - the day before the wedding he got into all the gift wrapped truffels while everyone was out of the house... when we got home, he was just lying on his side panting... he lived...

The bird is the one that used our pollished transport for target practice during the cermony [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on May 23, 2001 at 18:31.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Risto - What a charming design. Who'd have thought you'd be able to hook up with someone else who, like you, has no nose! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

A very enjoyable drawing. You made very effective, controlled use of the bitmap fills too.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I love it. The wedding boquet looks like stained glass. Terrific image and wonderful effect.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Risto-your style, although not unique, gives the subject matter a complete different focus. One doesn't fix on what color are the eyes or if they have noses. There is an abstraction in the whole pic that conveys a message...not necessarily a high polished portrait of you two...and the dog. I do see a different treatment of dog's face than you and the wife's faces. Picasso was famous for this type of painting and drawing, altough he was a very polished draughtsman, he would usually begin his pieces with very defined realistic drawings and then depart on simplifying lines,form and color. I think your piece looks fine. There a little things that the ol'eyeballs don't jive>the size of the bird compared to the size of their heads; also, if the composition of the cross in realtion to the woman's head could be modified. These are just observations not necessarily NEEDED adjustments...it nice as is. Thanks for showing.

regards-Bill Cleg

... hardly what you would classify as "high-art" perhaps more like a 5 minute coffeine rush [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry for the file size... I just can't make it any smaller... it is driving me nuts!

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on May 23, 2001 at 21:10.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ristosketch.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	17718  

Hey Risto! I don't know if you would have noticed but I switched your 182k sketch to one that is under 30k. Looks very similar yet easier on our slow modem friends.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on May 23, 2001 at 21:10.]

Thanks Ross! I don't know what I was doing with the file size... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Risto

Risto - Regarding the addition of the Mother-in-law. Wow have you got balls! Someday she'll be online and she'll do a search for "Risto" and find this image and you'll be bar-b-q'd!

Here's some advice. Treat the mother-in-law with the same (or more) respect as your own Mom. I fail to follow the advice myself. My wife's Mom is sweet but she gets on my nerves [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] and I usually end up snapping at her in a patronizing manner. Not good! I'm trying to change my ways but it will probably take ten years of good behaviour to make up for my past displays of disrespect. I must remember she is always right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Is your wife Swedish too?

Regards, Ross

... a mother-in-law's job description to get on your nerves once in a while, I think [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

She also has a good sense of humour and I believe she will be able to take the joke [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I will show the picture to her next time she comes for a visit... *gulp* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My wife is not Swedish, I married a local girl; a proud Montrealer.

Risto