Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: True Space 6...

Well, true Space 6 is out...no demo as of yet...read over some of the new stuff and was wondering what our 3D group thinks...

True Space 6

Well, true Space 6 is out...no demo as of yet...read over some of the new stuff and was wondering what our 3D group thinks...

True Space 6

I think there's a lot to get excited about for tS6, if you are someone who can fully utilize all its new features.

The baking textures feature is the one that looked the most interesting, ever since I read about the rock troll in Lord of the Rings was done where the texture on a high ploygon mesh was baked, then rendered with a lower polygon model. Hope I remember that right, since it sounds like a great way to speed up rendering on organic objects.

Unfortunately I'm not getting the 6 upgrade. In the last couple of months I upgraded to ts 4.3, then 5.1 as well as purchasing the RayPAK and FxPaks, so there's enough to keep me busy for a while before even considering upgrading again.

Neil.

hey hey, great news... you can get the beta trial of trueSpace6 here

I follow TrueSpace with interest. I still only use V3.0 as my initial 3D work has subsided since getting this product.

I am however interested to know if anyone has used TrueSpace 5 or greater with the Filter enhancement pack.

The mechanical design team have started to use a CAD/CAM package that works with IGES files and I am wondering how good the IGES filter in this filter update package is.

It would only ever be used in an import capacity. But I can see some really good uses for it if it works reasonably well.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt