Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • unkown

0 0%

The 13th layer in this very long project is an adjustment layer with a hue of +6 and saturation of -24. After applying the hue saturation settings above the foreground color in the toolbox goes to black thus completely confusing my efforts to continue as directed in the project. Next step, take an eyedrop sample of the face color in my image, the sample will not show because the foreground color in the toolbox is black. The next step is to use the paintbrush tool to apply the eyedropper sample. Under no circumstance will the new color apply itself to the layer selection because the foreground color is black in the toolbox. What should I do to get the selection to take the brush color.

Need with this tricky step
    Ted http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
    IP

Very simple... your fore and background colours are changing because you've "activated" (selected) the Adjustment layer. Adjustment layers use alpha channels to apply their effects, and alpha channels can only use a 256 greyscale palette.

If you want to apply the effects of the Adjustment layer to only specific areas in your image, then invert the default colour of the Adjustment layer first (activate the Adjustment layer and press Ctrl+I)then use a brush or selection to fill the Adjustment layer with the opposite colour (either black or white). This will result in a method similar to painting your effect overtop of your image.

Understand?
    IP