Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New here

Hybrid View

Hello all! I just found this Painter bb due to Jinny Brown's post on the Painter mailing list. After looking through some of the topics and tutorials here, all I can say is WOW! There sure some talented folks here! I may be a bit out of place here, since I'm not much of an artist, but am a big fan of Painter and have been using it since version 4.

I am an avid amateur digital photographer with my Sony DSC 770 camera and love taking some of my photos and using the cloner brushes in Painter to give them a painted look. Recently, on another bb I frequent there has been some interest in Painter Classic since it is bundled with the Wacom Graphire tablet which many members there own. I have been trying to encourage them with a few tips and tricks I've learned with PC, in hopes that some may move on to the full version of Painter.

Anyway, here is a sample, if I can figure out how to post an image here, of what I've done recently with Painer Classic.

http://w3.cablespeed.com/~jimt/files/oil-rose.jpg
    IP

Jim,

Thanks for the explanation. It was the surface texture that had me wondering.. and I didn't even think of it! DUH!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

I just followed Jim in here. I, too, am a member of the PIRC Bulletin Board and just getting acquainted with my new Wacom Tablet.

As soon as I can figure out how to post something here, I shall. I'm here to learn, not show my stuff off, as I'm just a beginner.

Some of my projects are at my website (the latter pages utilize Painter exclusively). http://www.reflectionshawaii.com/pi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Jim and Welcome to the group.
    I do like your Roses, they are beautiful and well done. Hope to see lots more of your work.
    Keep up your campaign to convert Classic users to Painter.
    Regards,
    Greg.
    IP

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Q?: what is PIRC? (Painter Is Really Cool?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have no clue that's why I asked.

Make yourself at home. If you feel most comfortable asking questions only, or making commnets, cool! If you get to where you feel comfortable posting an image or two, cool! We're flexible.

Take your time browse around and have fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Hope to hear more from you,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

-quote- It was the surface texture that had me wondering.. -end quote-

Jinny, that was the only way to get a raised textured brush stroke back before we had those great impasto brushes we have now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi there Jim [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

all the comments addressed to Qom are really addressed to you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(i am not losing it. . there was a different name in the heading [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

anyway welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hillary,

Welcome to the Painter Forum! It's always great to see new people joining. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure you're going to enjoy this community and learning more about Painter. It's a marvelous program.

Happy Painting!

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Welcome Jim
    I think you'll be right at home here.
    We're not much chop as artistes either but we are fanatical about painter.

Soon you'll know the sublime pleasure and that warm, fuzzy sort of gooey feeling that you get knowing millions of little streams of consciousness just like you are looking at your post.

Regards T
    IP

Hello Hillary,
    Welcome to the group. Glad you followed Jim. I checked you web site and I like what you have posted in your Painter pages. I do hope you will stay with us for a long while.

Regards,
    Greg.
    IP