Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Man's Face

This was all done in Line Tool (Xara X). (Not color in bkgd. I created a line using an 'orchid' and then used different widths and color. I used a variety of types of lines and color.The main fill on man's face is all done with
    the 'orchid' line. For the hair I tiled the orchid and by reducing to such a small orchid,tiled, it gave it a brown color. I use a digital pad and believe there is no other way to go with the LINE tool. The black line of the face is truyl a delight. I feel sure that cartoonists will find their own nitch with it. Thanks all Xaraians for loving attention....Bill Clegg

[img]null[/img] http://netdial.caribe.net/~cleggart/...index/mansface

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 20, 2001 at 05:09 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MANS_FACE.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	1908  

This was all done in Line Tool (Xara X). (Not color in bkgd. I created a line using an 'orchid' and then used different widths and color. I used a variety of types of lines and color.The main fill on man's face is all done with
    the 'orchid' line. For the hair I tiled the orchid and by reducing to such a small orchid,tiled, it gave it a brown color. I use a digital pad and believe there is no other way to go with the LINE tool. The black line of the face is truyl a delight. I feel sure that cartoonists will find their own nitch with it. Thanks all Xaraians for loving attention....Bill Clegg

[img]null[/img] http://netdial.caribe.net/~cleggart/...index/mansface

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 20, 2001 at 05:09 PM.]

fabulous gestural rendering.

stecyk66

Fantasic use of lines, a real testament to how far Xara has come in terms of flexibility.
    Allow me to link here to William's gallery at the Xaraxone ... where there are more excellent Xara offerings.

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/wrc/index.htm

Personal fave : Dancer (and the hilite one the back of her neck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

regards, Wayne

that this is done with a computer.
    You have a sound understanding of drawing heads, and of expression. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

superb, you have not only done a superb drawing you have also captured his expression nearly always a stumbling block with portraits
    ten out of ten

cheers
    scouse eric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I could have sworn I replied to this the other day. Anyway , great image and technique and as importantly it looks "feels" like an actual person staring back at you :-)

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com