Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

how are the interlocking rings made like the olympic rings. i can make the rings, just cant interlock them
    IP

how are the interlocking rings made like the olympic rings. i can make the rings, just cant interlock them
    IP

hi again pakmn...

Yes you can, very easily too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just create the rings, with each one on it's own layer... then add a "layer mask" to each ring layer and mask out the parts of the rings that overlap.

Simple! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Do you know how to use "Layer Masks"?

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

not to familure with layer mask, any good tutorials
    IP

Ok here's a couple of tutes that should help you to understand and use them:

http://photoshopgurus.info/beginners...ipgroups.shtml

http://photoshopgurus.info/intermedi..._effects.shtml

But if you still have a problem grasping them, let me know. They're very simple in the function.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

Thaks Mark
    have been looking at your site for some time now and just went totaly over these tutorials, will look closer next time,again thanks for your help. I do see the function of mask better now
    IP

Yes Pakmn, just try to focus on layer masks for a while and you will discover one of the true beauties of Photoshop. You will not only learn how to use them, but you will also extend you artistic capabilities in very nice way.
    IP

Hey no problem Pakmn, glad to help.

And as Gauss said, focus on em for awhile and you'll get right ontop of how they function. And don't forget to learn & use "Clipping Groups" too! They're also very effective.

IP

Another easy way is to make the first ring on the first layer, the second one on the second, and then copy the first layer so that your second ring is sandwiched between both copies of the first. Then take your erazor and eraze everything you don't need. The trick is that you eraze from the top-copy, and when you eraze too much, the bottom-copy is still there to take care of that.

I made you a simple psd file with the three layers. Click on the eye-icon to make them invisible one by one se see what to do and how it's done.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP