Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hiya people.

Does anyone know how I can do these text shapes and 3D beveled and extruded look in Photoshop????

Thanks.
    RJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D-EX-TXT-RS.gif 
Views:	1173 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	10211  
    IP

You can if your using Photoshop 6\
    IP

Hello,

Yes, I'm using Adobe Photoshop 6.0.1 Do you know how I can do these shapes??

Thanks.
    RJ
    IP

There are free font sites that use those certain fonts you are looking for
    IP

Hello,

Thanks for the tip. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But, I'm not talking about fonts, though. I'm talking about the way the SHAPE that these names have been made into. I'm told that they are "vector" shapes. I'm trying to do shapes like these in Photoshop 6.0. The "warp" feature doesn't make shapes like these either. I've tried. Also, with the "3D" words, I'm told that you could do it in PS6. I can't find tutorials on it, either. But, again, thanks for all the advice, guys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RJ
    IP

RJ, the type warp filters will get very close to those shape effects. But specifically for the 2D type. By looking at them though, i'd also have to say the warping effects were done using a Vector program -- ala Illustrator or XaraX.

The 3D effects you'll be better off using an inexpensive 3D type app -- like "Xara 3D". There may even be some shareware/freeware 3D type apps out there. You'll have to checkout some sharware sites to find out.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

Like the mystikal pic, i seen the way the A looks in his name in a font before.

[This message was edited by Jay1Da on March 06, 2002 at 09:38.]
    IP

Yup. Theres a lot of ways to create the text. You can create them in a vector program, export/open as AI in PhotoShop and hack away. use the PS filters or third party filters like Candy Eye.
    IP

Here's one I made for you. It's not exactly like what you showed but with a change of text texture, glow color and background, you can get there. Text done in Corel D, saved in PSD format, opened and altered in PS - all in 7 layers, 3PS filters and 2 third party filters.

[This message was edited by dv8_fx on March 06, 2002 at 11:03.]

[This message was edited by dv8_fx on March 06, 2002 at 11:32.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graphic11.jpg 
Views:	1089 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	12047  
    IP

Hi,

Yeah, I know about the vector programs. A couple of the moderators here, Xara X and Corel's forums showed me examples of how it could be done. As far as Adobe Illustrator, I have been working with it for a few weeks and I can't do ANY shapes like what I uploaded. I've been told it can, but, I just might have to figure it out.

I like what you did, though. It's nice. I'm working with CorelDRAW, too. Maybe I could do something like what you just did. I like the effect and the look of your letters. If you didn't mind, can I ask how you did that?? You can e-mail me, or just post here.

Thanks for taking the time out and doing that for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You can e-mail me at: mmpact2@hotmail.com if you want. Thanks again to you and everyone else that helped. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Take care.
    RJ
    IP