Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

A number of folks have indicated they find the white background hard on their eyes and also miss the colors of the old Xara forum. This new system is highly configurable and I'm happy to put a different look and feel in place, if that's what the user community wants. So I tried using Gary Priester's brown X background GIF this morning. The immediate problem, was that the 50 or so little images that are used by the forums have been created with a white background in mind and hence look terrible.

So...here's my offer. If anyone wants to volunteer for the mission of tweaking all these images to look good with that brown background, raise your hand now and I'll send them to you. Then I'll plug them in on my end and adjust the colors of the tables. These will be seen in just the Xara-related forums.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>

</blockquote>
    IP

A number of folks have indicated they find the white background hard on their eyes and also miss the colors of the old Xara forum. This new system is highly configurable and I'm happy to put a different look and feel in place, if that's what the user community wants. So I tried using Gary Priester's brown X background GIF this morning. The immediate problem, was that the 50 or so little images that are used by the forums have been created with a white background in mind and hence look terrible.

So...here's my offer. If anyone wants to volunteer for the mission of tweaking all these images to look good with that brown background, raise your hand now and I'll send them to you. Then I'll plug them in on my end and adjust the colors of the tables. These will be seen in just the Xara-related forums.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>

</blockquote>
    IP

Chris- Having the alternating grey does help a lot. Thanks
    IP

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

I liked Gary's background but I like this too. I don't find it any harder on my eyes than reading a book on white paper. I like the color scheme, very clean looking

Carillus Design
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    IP

I admit I like Gary's background, however, I'm not sure it will work with all the horizontal and vertical lines surrounding the messages. It could be too busy.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski
    IP

My balcony overlooking Tower Bridge, London - no, I\'m poor!

This new forum is excellent, and fast! But white does tend to give me a migrain , though the alternating grey blocks help a lot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Oh, I'm usually a lurker, but was inspired by the new look to say something.

Les
    IP

How about not doing the old background? This new forum is nice and clean, although the hard white can be a little harsh. Maybe go to something like FFFFAF0? Or FAFAD2? That kind of color is easy on the eyes (think like an accountant).

The pale green banding is great with the greys, though.

Just m2c. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Chris has added the background image that I have used on the Xara X Preview page. I think it works very well with the new forums and is clean and crisp, just like Xara X?

What do you think?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Looks good to me.
    IP

The design is ver clean and crisp. I don't find a problem with the white, and think that the greys and pale greens provide a very distinctive branding. Subtle yet very recognisable.

Well done, this is a great newsgroup (and yes, I agree with the other million postings that it would help if there was a tree, and nesting, and the ability to post replies to individual postings, although these are only minor gripes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] )

WOD

[This message was edited by Wod on August 11, 2000 at 01:04 PM.]
    IP