Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Notice that "attack" is quoted and not meant literally!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

What I mean is how about I challenge you all to developing techniques for rendering our pets.

(Yes there is an ulterior motive here!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Below is a very rough image that my school wants to use as its mascot. Our school is in its first year and our students voted on this image as their favorite. Our problem is that we don't know if this particular image is copyrighted so we have concerns about using it as is but we want something close to this since this is what the students chose.

Anyone care to take on this challenge but also give us rights to use the resulting image?

(I admitted to ulterior motives!!!)

Still, I think this might be an interesting topic to hit next since there is discussion of clothing, hair etc that I have seen recently.

Comments?

Paul Hurm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bulldog.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	9761  

Notice that "attack" is quoted and not meant literally!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

What I mean is how about I challenge you all to developing techniques for rendering our pets.

(Yes there is an ulterior motive here!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Below is a very rough image that my school wants to use as its mascot. Our school is in its first year and our students voted on this image as their favorite. Our problem is that we don't know if this particular image is copyrighted so we have concerns about using it as is but we want something close to this since this is what the students chose.

Anyone care to take on this challenge but also give us rights to use the resulting image?

(I admitted to ulterior motives!!!)

Still, I think this might be an interesting topic to hit next since there is discussion of clothing, hair etc that I have seen recently.

Comments?

Paul Hurm

This would be a cool thing to do if a few people participated. But I really think we need more of a guide as to colors, realism and such. BTW, there's a Highschool(McKinnely) in Canton, Ohio close to where I live that has a red bulldog mascot. Don't know how far away that is from you, but your school might want to check up on that just in case they own copyrights to a "Bulldog Mascot" in OH

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What I mean is how about I challenge you all to developing techniques for rendering our pets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you weren't thinking of:

'render vb. (tr.) 12. (often foll. by down) to extract (fat) from (meat) by melting.' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

(Collins Softback English Dictionary)

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

I have determined that we are not limited on our intended use of this image.

I didn't mean that kind of render either!!!

Paul

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Canton Ohio Bulldogs! Does that ever bring back memories. About 22 years ago I had a t-shirt printed with Canton Ohio Bulldogs and it had the bulldog. I bought it at a used clothing store (Frenchy's) because its graphic design was great and at 25 cents the price was right. I loved that shirt! ...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>