Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Secure Shell

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Is anyone here using SSH with SFTP for windows?

I need it after my website ISP got hacked twice through FTP and now I can't do anything until I get something.

I found one free program on Tucows but it is a DOS program and I threw away my DOS for Dummys book. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't mind paying a small fee but the ones I've come across don't really describe in enough details their programs features.

Judi

My Stuff

You probably know of these links already, but I thought I should post them anyways... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't have need for this type of technology as of yet, but one never knows...

ssh site

openssh site

one more freebie

Good luck and do let us know how you make out with this situation you are experiencing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on May 30, 2002 at 23:19.]

I second gidget's WinSCP suggestion, it's a nice bit of code, which you can configure to look and work very much like the normal Windows Explorer.

(If you need to access a shell account through SSH, my program of choice for Windows is the excellent PuTTY - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ .)

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Thank you for the help.

Judi

My Stuff