Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am using webstyle 3.1, (same problem existed in version 3.0)

The navbar appears correctly with shared (front page 2002) in the main folder.

If there are deeper, nested folders with web pages.. even though they are shared, the Navbar doesn't appear.

Support told me that ALL webpages had to be in the same folder for it to work, Or the Javascript (.js?) file needs to be in the subfolders.

I tried putting the .js file in the subfolders and it still doesn't display the menu's on the webpages in the sub folders.

Is there a workaround that anyone is aware of to keep the organization of subfolders, and still display the navbar menu on those 'deeper' webpages?

Xara-webstyle support hasn't been very helpful, except that they suggested I speak with the experts on this forum, so here I am!

thanks TONS in advance.
    Phil

Phil
    Phil@KitesPlus.com__is_good

If there are deeper, nested folders with web pages.. even though they are shared, the Navbar doesn't appear.

Support told me that ALL webpages had to be in the same folder for it to work, Or the Javascript (.js?) file needs to be in the subfolders.

I tried putting the .js file in the subfolders and it still doesn't display the menu's on the webpages in the sub folders.

Is there a workaround that anyone is aware of to keep the organization of subfolders, and still display the navbar menu on those 'deeper' webpages?

Xara-webstyle support hasn't been very helpful, except that they suggested I speak with the experts on this forum, so here I am!

thanks TONS in advance.
    Phil

Phil
    Phil@KitesPlus.com__is_good

I don't know the answer but I know this question has come up a few times and been answered a few times.

I seem to remember the same answer that the files have to be in the root directory.

Someone will probably answer this question in the next day or so, although to call us experts in Webstyle is a bit of overpromise on Xara's part. We do know a lot about Xara X. Webstyle I am not so sure.

Here is a LINK to topics that addressed some problem or other with Webstyle in the past month.

You might start here and see if you can find the answer.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Hi. When I use Webstyle - I put all files from WS in the same folder as the html files.

http://www.sbbl.rl.no/nettleser.gif

The table is from Xaras site.

Øystein

http://www.heimesider.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilK:

thanks TONS in advance.
    Phil

Phil
    Phil@KitesPlus.com__is_good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are using shared borders and have nested folders then you will need to copy the javascript file exported by webstyle within each nested folder.

If you view the source code of a web page that is stored in a nested folder, you will see the script tag being used to reference the location of the javascript files.

for example, it might read <script src=" gradient.js"></script>

When a web browser reads this HTML, it will attempt to retrieve the file named gradient.js from the same folder location as where the web page is saved. If the file gradient.js is not found in the same directory as where the web page is saved then the browser will not be able to retrieve the javascript file and in turn will not be able to display the navbar.

To fix the problem either copy the javascript file from the root folder to each of the sub (nested) folders or ammend the code within your web pages stored in the sub folders to reference the exact location of where the javascript file is saved