Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thanks guys for the replies,
    Egg, how do I get screen shots into my posting so I can show what is my problem
    I think I have attached the logo if the post is then not to big to send.
    Alistair
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	9754  
    alistair d w barclay

Here you go Alister. I reduced your post images size down. Try to keep the width down to 600 pixels or so, otherwise forums members have to horizontally scroll. Didn't have the fonts your image was made in.
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	7954  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The xar file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: xar 3.xar (6.1 KB, 152 views)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No points for spotting the spelling mistake John!
    Egg
    Egg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Pilgrim
    Don't bother with the bitmap tracer it's a waste of time. I think what you're doing wrong with the Freehand traced image is your saving the xar file with the bitmap still on the page, this is why you're getting the rectangle. Delete the bitmap, save the xar file and try importing this.
    <cut>
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sorry, I have simply run out of patience trying to do this project. Anything I try to do in XaraX and save as a .xar file results in a rectangle. I've played with the 2 files and some relative success, but adding the texture was less than acceptable; e.g., the edges were black. Trust me, I spent a couple of hours on this thing and got fed up with my ignorance and inabilities. Perhaps another year? hahaha

Thanks all for your input! http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/igiveup.gif

Pilgim
    If your getting a rectangle it's because your saving the file with the Bitmap still on the screen. Delete this and you should end up with your vector shape.
    Don't give up! Post your xar file here and I'll have a look at it and see what's going wrong.
    Egg
    Egg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Pilgim
    If your getting a rectangle it's because your saving the file with the Bitmap still on the screen. Delete this and you should end up with your vector shape.
    Don't give up! Post your xar file here and I'll have a look at it and see what's going wrong.
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'll admit right up front, that the problem is "ME".. sheer ignorance in knowing how to do these basic functions. I opened the .bmp image in XaraX, made a copy and then closed the original. I then tried the various options, e.g., free-hand line, shape editor, etc. which did give me a chuckle due to the mangled results or total failure. I then saved whatever I did as a .xar file. This requirement to first delete the .bmp file and save what's left is something I cannot figure out how to do.

Admittedly, I spend practically all my time working in PSP 8 and the rare occasions that I open XaraX always end in total frustration due to its complete difference in GUI, etc.

Anyway... as requested I'm attaching one of my butchered attempts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hello Pilgrim,

After downloading you file and reading your responses, I think I have found the cure to your problems. Grab a beer (or 2) and follow my simple 3 step cure to your woes.

Watch the movies... and you will know enough to get over your problems. They are very informative, and the voice tallent is the secret of Great Britian. If all Britsh ladies had voices as sexy as hers, then they would need no other tourist industry. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Name:	2upload.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	8181  
    John/DOT

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"No points for spotting the spelling mistake John!" Egg

Dang... Foiled again.
    John/DOT

Hi Egg thanks very much, the fonts is the problem this is a company logo sent to me as a bitmap file.
    what I want to do is import it into any of the supplied button shapes but if I do this as a background I cannot see how to fit it in. as i said i have tried with sizes to no avail.
    regards alistair
    Attached Images Attached Images
    alistair d w barclay