Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Could someone help me out on how to make a 3d looking elipse? Just like a sphere, but it's elongated. It seems like it would be easy, but I'm just starting to actually work with this stuff. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Thanks.

-fodo
    IP

What part of the effect are you trying make "3D looking" fodo? The oval itself?
    And.. is that all there would be to the image - an oval that's being eclipsed?
    And... eclisped by what? Another larger oval, or other object?
    IP

They way I would do it is as follows.

1) Make a 2D Circle using the Circular Marquee tool. Make it big though, like,.. use a new document size of 600x600

2) Fill it with a Gradient from the center out. You could have the center of the gradient elsewhere in the circle if you want to give the impression of the light coming in from different angels, but that's your choice.

3) Transform>>Scale it Horziontally of Veritcally, and then Scale it down a bit to get the resolution just right.

Hope that helps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Spec'

Spectre

http://www3.sympatico.ca/the_spectre
    IP

Thanks Spectre, that sounds pretty good.

Mark, to be a little more clear (sorry for not being before), picture an egg. That's pretty much what I want (except not fat at the bottom obviously). There will be more to the image, but I just want this for the start. I hope that clears it up a bit. thanks.

-fodo
    IP

Spectre, you're suggestion worked awesome! I did it slightly differently (I resized the image instead of the scale like you suggested), but it worked really well. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-fodo
    IP

No problem. Glad it worked out.

I've actually never used this technique in Photoshop (intentionally/directly), but the same thing works in Flash, although you go about it slightly differently.

Cheers!

Spectre

http://www3.sympatico.ca/the_spectre

IP